Rock to G15 cables - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-08-2001, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the process of wiring a dedicated home theater for use with a Rock scaler, a JVC G15, and a new Lexicon MC-12 processor.

The rock has Bnc connectors...so I was going to run a 5 bnc to 5 bnc cable from the rock to the JVC. I would also run an S video and a composite just in case...

The question is...Do I need to run a VGA DB15 cable for any reason? All signals will go through the rock, including hd pass through. All signals out of the rock, including the pass through will go through the 5 bnc connectors.

I can't think of any reason to run a straight VGA cable. Can anybody tell me why I am wrong?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-08-2001, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't see a reason to run a VGA cable today...but it's the unknown future which might be a reason to drop a cable in there.

For example, you may someday need some extra "Source Areas" (these are the settings unique to each input). One way to get some more would be to run a 5 BNC to VGA cable from the Rock into Computer1. Then you could switch to the Computer1 input (if needed someday) and have a bunch of new source areas.

Again, I don't think that you will need it for a while (until you run out of source areas on Computer2), but possibly in the future...?

Mark Hunter
Technical Director, Home Theater Products
Datacolor, Inc.
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page