Anyone know a good place to see digital projectors in Houston? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2001, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I will be in Houston this weekend on business and will probably have Sunday off. I'd like to know where all the cool HT shops in Houston are, particularly ones that sell digital projectors. I have been thinking about getting a digital projector and giving up my aging Sony CRT (if I can't find anything worthwhile that I can afford, I'll just re-tube the Sony), but so far, all the digital's I've seen have been less than impressive (other than brightness). I've seen the UP-1100, Dream Vision Lighty, Seleco HT200 and Infocus LP340. None of them were calibrated and all left me wanting my Sony (dim though it may be).

Having said all that, a where and what they show list from anyone in the Houston area would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
"Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing." - Oscar Wilde

"Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-17-2001, 07:40 PM

Liked: 11
Audio concepts is about the best hi-end store we have. It is at 59 and Greenbriar in the Greeway Plaza area. There is also Dynamic Audio/visual it is about 5miles south of AC at 59 and Hilcroft. There about 4 or 5 Home Theater Store around town...each has different stuff on dispaly. These stores are decent, but not much in the way of LCD or DLP projectors on display. DAV has the Sony 10HT and a Dream Vision. Most of the Home Theater Stores have old Mitsubishis or Marantz's. If someone else out there knows of better places, please let me know too.

Mike Kask
post #3 of 3 Old 05-18-2001, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Sean,

Unfortunately, for the size of the city, Houston is poorly represented in the digital projector market.

The Dream Vision at Dynamic is an older model, I think it's two years old now. They used to carry DWIN but somehow got pissed at the manufacturer and no longer carry it.

Audio concepts has a Runco on display as does the Home Theater Store on Westheimer about 1 mile west of the Galleria.

-phil

Life's a party, let's get out and strut.
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page