Street price difference between 10ht and 11ht? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-20-2001, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings,

Anyone know what to expect on the street price of the 11ht? I know a lot of Sony dealers frequent the forum. Does anyone know what the difference in dealer pricing will be between the 10ht and 11ht? If the difference in the 10ht and 11ht is only the $300 rebate, I think it would be wise to wait on the 11ht. However, if the price difference is substantial, I'm considering picking up the 10ht after infocomm.

I have found the 10ht from an authorized dealer for $4500 before the $300 rebate ($4200 final). This comes with a 7 day return policy with no restocking fees. Has anyone else found a better deal from an authorized dealer? If so, I would appreciate any information that you could email to me at lila002@yahoo.com (my AVS email is no longer valid).

I hope that some projectors with firewire connectors will be anounced at infocomm, but I'm not holding my breath. (Bulldogger, I know you are hoping for the same thing.) However, I may break down and purchase a 10ht anyway. With the price falling it may make more sense to pick one up rather than wait. My guess is that there will be a significant price increase on any products that offer the 5C copy protected ports. It could take a long time for the price to come down and by that time I will want a new GLV based projector anyway. Take a look at the mits 65" RPTV with firewire, it is going to be priced $1000 above the non-firewire version. If you were the average consumer coming in off of the street I think that you would pick the non-firewire TV and spend the savings on a DirectTV HD sat system instead. I think most of the integrated sets for this year will collect dust from the high prices.

Sorry for the long post, any answers to the 10ht vs 11ht street pricing questions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page