NEC 540 or LP340 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-30-2001, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since these projectors are close in price and contrast ratio, what is the general consensus as to which one is better. I am aware of the obvious differences between LCD and DLP, and am not bothered with the rainbow problem.
Sorry, I know this has been beat to death but people's first impressions to projectors can change.

[This message has been edited by jmrobbins (edited 05-30-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-30-2001, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had an LP340 in my home for a 30-day evaluation a couple of months ago. After spending about 50 hours with it, I decided that it wasn't the projector for me. I really wanted to like it, because it has some great attributes (excellent scaler, plug-n-play, cheap bulbs) but there were two deal-breakers:

1 - The rainbows drove me crazy, but I think I am overly sensitive to these (they didn't really bother my wife)

2 - I could never get the colors to look right. They were close, but there was a green tint to the yellow that I couldn't get rid of.

So, that said, I sent it back and am now looking at getting a VT540. If it weren't for the rainbows, I would have lived with the color being slightly off, but the rainbows drove me crazy.

Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page