Sony 55ES is in the way - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WildWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sony 55ES is in the way

I have a Sony 55ES in my dedicated theater. While I love the picture quality, I have to mount the projector right in the middle of the walking path on my riser with a low ceiling. So far 3 people have bumped their heads on the projector. I originally planned to put the projector on a shelf on the back wall of the theater but the Sony's image would be too big from back there (approx 17 feet). What other projector should I look at with similar image quality to the Sony which could be mounted on the back wall? Thx
WildWolf is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 08-24-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11,029
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWolf View Post
I have a Sony 55ES in my dedicated theater. While I love the picture quality, I have to mount the projector right in the middle of the walking path on my riser with a low ceiling. So far 3 people have bumped their heads on the projector. I originally planned to put the projector on a shelf on the back wall of the theater but the Sony's image would be too big from back there (approx 17 feet). What other projector should I look at with similar image quality to the Sony which could be mounted on the back wall? Thx
What size screen? You can also add a conversion lens to your existing projector. Contact me if you would like to discuss how to do this.

AV Geek for life. :) Contact for advice and help.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 08-24-2015, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
WildWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
What size screen? You can also add a conversion lens to your existing projector. Contact me if you would like to discuss how to do this.
It is a 100" screen. What will a conversion lens do?

thanks
WildWolf is online now  
post #4 of 6 Old Today, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 86
How far away do you sit? My 55 is 17' from the screen to lens and just right for my seating distance. If you mean 17 to the back wall then that's even smaller. Of course some aren't into big screens.
cdy2179 is online now  
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 01:34 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11,029
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWolf View Post
It is a 100" screen. What will a conversion lens do?

thanks
A conversion lens allows you to increase or decrease the throw distance for the same size image. If you would like to discuss this more, then contact me, since off topic.

AV Geek for life. :) Contact for advice and help.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mark haflich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: brookeville, maryland, usa
Posts: 21,381
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 902
Mike's number is 585-671-2968.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
mark haflich is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off