Build a projector room, desire advice. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2015, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Build a projector room, desire advice.

Hello guys/gals,

Long time reader, never a poster. Randy here!

I'm finally finishing a remodel and the big star of it is a theater area in my basement.

I have a 92" space available for just a projector that isn't audio invisible. I have an 5.1 audio system (golden ears), and I can control the light to the room very very well.

I had intended to grab a Sony 55ES, but with the release of the 65ES at IFA, I am back to pausing and some new questions came up.

1. I'm quite interested in the 65ES, but is it enough of a jump in performance (in your estimation and guess) to warrant passing up the good deals that Sony is offering on the 55ES?

2. With CEDIA coming up do you suspect a replacement or a major jump in performance from a replacement for the 6030 from Epson?

3. Any opinion on De-lite screens paired with a Sony or Epson? My dealer is pushing them quite hard.

I'm always willing to wait, but I've definately waited a long time to get into this hobby (I'm so excited to invite friends over for movie nights.)

Also, thanks so much for all the amazing resources that we have here. I really appreciate all the opinions and expertise, it's fun just to scroll through and read the debate, discussion, and analyses. Glad to have joined this community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-08-2015, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Da-lite makes good screens. You don't mention if you are doing electric or fixed, etc. There are more options if you are going fixed. Also, if you are doing an AT screen?

If you don't mind waiting 3 months then wait otherwise...

B.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Home Theater Lover

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4117 Post(s)
Liked: 4208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Berg View Post
Hello guys/gals,

Long time reader, never a poster. Randy here!

I'm finally finishing a remodel and the big star of it is a theater area in my basement.

I have a 92" space available for just a projector that isn't audio invisible. I have an 5.1 audio system (golden ears), and I can control the light to the room very very well.

I had intended to grab a Sony 55ES, but with the release of the 65ES at IFA, I am back to pausing and some new questions came up.

1. I'm quite interested in the 65ES, but is it enough of a jump in performance (in your estimation and guess) to warrant passing up the good deals that Sony is offering on the 55ES?

2. With CEDIA coming up do you suspect a replacement or a major jump in performance from a replacement for the 6030 from Epson?

3. Any opinion on De-lite screens paired with a Sony or Epson? My dealer is pushing them quite hard.

I'm always willing to wait, but I've definately waited a long time to get into this hobby (I'm so excited to invite friends over for movie nights.)

Also, thanks so much for all the amazing resources that we have here. I really appreciate all the opinions and expertise, it's fun just to scroll through and read the debate, discussion, and analyses. Glad to have joined this community.
Of course the Sony HW55 is on sale now until it's end of life, making the decision to wait or snag one now for $ 1000.00 off something to ponder.

Stewart Cima Neve is another good screen choice. Start a thread and post a picture of your space in the construction forum for more tips / ideas and advice -

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...ia-game-rooms/
or
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-construction/

Current home theater photos - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514

craigpeer@earthlink.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page