AVS Forum banner

JVC DLA-X950R / DLA-RS600 Speculation Thread

25K views 432 replies 76 participants last post by  Mike Garrett 
#1 · (Edited)
This unit's been announced at CEDIA. Please post speculation in this thread.

#2 ·
It's the RS600.

#29 ·
#12 ·
The US models are RS600 and X950R, right, and then there's an X9000 isn't there? For Europe or maybe rest of the world?

Further, wasn't there a third model last time around which came with extra warranty and maybe something else? Did that offering disappear for 2016?

#13 ·
The US models are RS600 and X950R, right, and then there's an X9000 isn't there? For Europe or maybe rest of the world?

Further, wasn't there a third model last time around which came with extra warranty and maybe something else? Did that offering disappear for 2016?

They are not offering a " 4910 / 6710 " model this year. Just the three models, with additional warranty coverage as you move up the model line.

#16 ·
Are there calibration pros who specialize in JVC projectors or projectors generally? Wasn't sure if panel (plasma, etc) calibration skills carried over to projectors.

#18 ·
Initially I was thinking I'd likely hold onto my RS57 for another year, but the RS500/600 brightness increase while maintaing the same contrast, along with the UHD compatibility, is too enticing to resist.

Then I was convinced I'd be getting the RS500 until Mike told me the preorder prices. At less than the list price of the RS500, I just couldn't resist the 600.

JVC is like the Borg this year... "Resistance is futile"

#19 ·
I hear you.

My RS57 is so ridiculously good I just about had myself convinced this projector would last me an extra year at least, while riding out the 4K intro.

But no, they have to come up with something new and shiny to dangle in front of the little gear monster who lives in our head, don't they?

Futile indeed.

(I envy those going for the top model).

#25 ·
Is the option to "disable" the dymanic iris equivalent to clamping all the way down? I'm hoping for adequate brightness at max long throw using lens memory onto 2.35 120" diag ST-100 (in a black hole).

#28 ·
Ok. Well, that's nice. I'm not sure what ftl will be possible with the iris clamped down all the way. Hoping it will be plenty in my proposed set-up.

I do also wonder if e-shift4 will appeal to more of those using lens memory for 2.35? Will pros outweigh the cons by a large margin? It would be nice to find that the extra pixel density impresses.

#34 ·
The manual iris has 15 steps. That is what I mean about being able to adjust the light output of the projector.

#30 ·
New Features

Does that mean the rest is the same as the old model?

• 1900 Lumens with High Power Lamp (PK-L2615U) —NEW for 2016
  • e-shift4 4K Precision 3840 X 2160 Projected Image —Upgraded feature
  • Dual Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs —Upgraded feature
    • Compatible with full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit
    • Compatible with 4K streaming devices and UHD BD content
    • Compatible with DCI Color Space
  • HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible —NEW for 2016!
  • Multi Pixel Control (MPC) with Auto Mode for ease of use Improved
  • Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) with Clear Motion Drive —Upgraded
Highly customizable

• Simplified 6-Axis Color Management System NEW for 2016
  • Manual Gamma Control included with JVC Calibration Software 6 NEW for 2016
  • Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Discovery Protocol) NEW for 2016

#40 ·
Shoot me a PM once you get to 15 and I can fill you in. :)

#41 ·
Do most forum members end up with the RS600 or the X950R?

#43 ·
I've noticed that most projectors are ceiling mounted (or otherwise high). Makes sense considering that the seating is in front of the screen. That said, I wondered why this JVC RS line (and Sony, Epson too?) project the image straight out of the lens to the middle of the screen if image shifting isn't engaged. Would that deliver the best image?

A set up that avoids image shift would necessitate a sunken seating area or perhaps very high ceiling (12' or more?). My first projector effort will be more typical though, so I'll mount high and image shift down. What happens to image quality? Does this concern any of you?

#44 ·
If you can mount the center of the lens at top of image height or lower, you will be fine.

#48 ·
The white JVC is certainly not aimed at an enthusiast market. I presume the only real reason to offer a white projector is to better match white or bright decor in which it would be placed - basically the worst scenario for using a projector in the first place!

#53 ·
Spoke with one of my JVC contacts today. He tested the 3D and said it is much improved. Minimal ghoasting and smoother motion than last year. :)

#54 ·
Spoke with one of my JVC contacts today. He tested the 3D and said it is much improved. Minimal ghoasting and smoother motion than last year. :)

#56 ·
Great to hear!

This model is looking ever more tempting.

Though I wonder about the claimed specs. Would the higher brightness spec (over the 500) be due to selection of tighter tolerance grids/polarizers or whatever?

What I wonder is if the added 100 lumens brightness advertised will ever be met. (And it would be great if Cine4home or someone could try to confirm such claims).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.