AVS Forum banner

JVC DLA-X5500/X7500/X9500 3 new HT projectors 2017

162K views 2K replies 171 participants last post by  fssomersetstud8 
#1 · (Edited)
JVC DLA-X5500 review :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2017/03/15/test-jvc-dla-x5500/

google translation

https://translate.google.fr/transla....fr/2017/03/15/test-jvc-dla-x5500/&edit-text=

JVC DLA-X9500 review :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2017/02/19/test-jvc-dla-x9500/

google translation :

https://translate.google.fr/transla....fr/2017/02/19/test-jvc-dla-x9500/&edit-text=

JVC, Japanese manufacturer, contrast champion, will be released in early 2017, three new home cinema references DLA, the JVC DLA-X5500 (? 4,490), DLA-X7500 (? 6,490) and DLA -X9500 (? 9,990). They should be available between the months of March and April 2017.

3 lamps models 1080P slightly changed from the X5000 / X7000 / X9000.

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2016/11/03/jvc-dla-x5500-dla-x7500-et-dla-x9500/

Google translation :

https://translate.google.fr/transla...6/11/03/jvc-dla-x5500-dla-x7500-et-dla-x9500/

See less See more
Reactions: cardoski
#2 ·
Hmmm....interesting move, bound to sell a few more units with this refresh.

#5 ·
Seems like only a firmware update to enhance HDR performance according to the article.

If they are bringing out new chassis models(UHD?) later in 2017, this 'refresh' and new/er model nomenclature would make sense, as existing hardware stock of the current models could be used up and moved before then.

#7 ·
If this is only a firmware update, then it's a savvy marketing exercise to move more units in a shorter time frame. If that's the case, it's unlikely this firmware update will be made available to the 'previous' X5000/X7000/X9000 or RS400/500/600 series.

#10 ·
i think you are correct!

#9 ·
If they add an input lag reduction mode I will buy one in about 3 seconds. Then I will buy the native 4k version late next yr and flip this one...

I just recently started playing Mario 64 on my vintage N64 on the JVC and its glorious :)

#16 ·
This is really good news if true. I know the true videophiles have already upgraded to the latest JVCs, but for most regular people with a perfectly capable 1080p PJ (like my RS46), it makes sense to wait for a 4k device. On these forums it has always been held as self-evident truth that an affordable (as on par with prices of current line), native 4K projector is "years away" at best, so given all the expert pronouncements here I will temper my expectations with healthy skepticism.

#20 ·
I am with you on this one, there is no logical reason to wait until next March to release an updated product that only requires a software update. There is also no rational reason for a thorough hardware upgrade that close to the release of a new 4K line.

The message that I see in this is that JVC is well behind schedule with the development of the new 4K machines and have made the decision to delay the release and update the current 1080P models (software + hardware) to maintain market position.

If this is correct, it means JVC is trying to make substantial progress with the new 4K machines; and not just throwing a 4K chip in front of the light path.

#25 ·
Javs, HDMI hardware aside, sometimes JVC tweak the wire grid a bit for better native contrast. They also have the option to upgrade the RS400 with the DLIA chips from the RS500/600. Currently the RS400 only uses one of three new DLIA chips. There is also room for upgrading the power supply to drive the bulbs harder for a bulb-life-be-dammed high lumen mode. DPI is famous for doing this. There are several other low cost upgrades that come to mind. You are likely already aware of this but I am putting it out there for others:).

On the HDMI side of things, there is the development of a new HDMI 2.1 revision (leaked by Philips) for Dynamic HDR metadata, can it be that JVC is timing the new updates with the finalization of this standard.

#26 ·
Can you elaborate on the existence and use of 3 separate currently fabed DILA chips, I can understand the use of some stock of previous generation chips being used till stock is exhausted, fabing 3 separate lines of the same sized chip is illogical unless you are speaking of grading the chips based on CR performance.

My understanding of contrast variation comes from the number of wire grid polarizes used within the light engine, lower end models use less WGP than the higher end. But CR grading of chips will play apart too.

On the subject of the new models, it appears appears the information on these models has leaked out way too prematurely and will no doubt will take sales away from existing models....at least around these parts.

#29 ·
Can you elaborate?....please?! :)

Reactions: cardoski
#32 ·
My curiosity is piqued. Did Kraine get a wrist slap from JVC for divulging the news too early?

Maybe JVC chose to delay this announcement to give their new 4K laser projector all the attention. But if these revised models do come out in March/April...that's getting close to the their expected announcement of new projectors.

#33 ·
I was going to pull the trigger on the Epson 5040 but now I'm going to wait for the new JVC. I preferred the contrast/blacks on the JVC already but the Epson had other advantages that I believe the JVC will now match if not beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
Very close to selling my Sony Es500 and try the X7000, but this news/rumour changes things a bit...wait a bit more get the x7500? By that time halfway to possibly even never models..I accept yearly changes but this roadmap from JVC is Tricky for me. I hope more solid info comes out.

#50 ·
Well, my 4910 still puts out a pretty good picture with plain old Blu-ray discs such as "Oblivion" and the re-mastered "The Fifth Element". But a March/April release will coincide with my Income Tax refund. And CEDIA is only about 5 months after that. Decisions, decisions. :confused:

#695 ·
My situation is similar to yours and a few others that have posted here. I am beyond satisfied with my 4910. I still find myself occasionally smiling while watching a movie on it. I think I am going to wait until JVC has a native 4K projector in the same price range as the 4910 before the upgrade bug gets me. I still need a player, and would like there to be a little more 4k content out. The 4910 was my first project. My satisfaction with my current JVC will get me to try a JVC 4k projector before I would look at another brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.