Difference between BenQ W10000 & W9000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-14-2006, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
DERG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've read that the W9000 is a lite version of the W10000 but you wouldn't know it by comparing features at BenQ's global website. Anyone have a clue about price & features?

http://www.benq.com/products/Project...&page=features

http://www.benq.com/products/Projector/?product=992
DERG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Member
 
Catchphrase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There was a bit of confusion in the other thread because BenQ kept switching specs around on their page. The best guess that I can offer at the moment would be that they are using a different kind of DLP chip (Originally BenQ said it was using a DarkChip2 DLP but then removed it to just say DarkChip) , because all of their listed specs and features listed are pretty much the same:

http://www.aboutprojectors.com/proje...2/prodid2=4793

So it's hard to say what the real difference is at this point in time.
Catchphrase is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 01-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Member
 
prabhatb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The difference is W1000!, I know.

*Prabhat*
prabhatb is offline  
post #4 of 15 Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
clehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchphrase View Post


So it's hard to say what the real difference is at this point in time.


An important question in this context is whether they will process a decent HTPC signal (i.e. 1920x1080p@24Hz), all Benqs have been reported to be a little 'stubborn' in this department (I remember a very disencouraging test by Andrea Manuti).

Any info on that?

Regards
Christoph
*************
Contact via Public Profile
clehner is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 01-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Member
 
DaveMoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by clehner View Post

An important question in this context is whether they will process a decent HTPC signal (i.e. 1920x1080p@24Hz), all Benqs have been reported to be a little 'stubborn' in this department (I remember a very disencouraging test by Andrea Manuti).

Any info on that?


I think the guy had a lemon. I have the PE8720 (which was being reviewed), and it has no problems whatsover with a PAL signal. I have been enjoying this unit for more than a year now, and it still throws a great picture
DaveMoi is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 01-13-2007, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
clehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoi View Post

and it has no problems whatsover with a PAL signal ..

Okay, but that is not nobel price material either, being able to process PAL. The question is (esp. for the new Full-HD-PJs), can it do native/pixelperfect/48Hz or 24HZ or 24sfp??

Regards
Christoph
*************
Contact via Public Profile
clehner is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrea Manuti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoi View Post

I think the guy had a lemon. I have the PE8720 (which was being reviewed), and it has no problems whatsover with a PAL signal. I have been enjoying this unit for more than a year now, and it still throws a great picture

I'm wondering if you read the review I wrote.

You seem to talk with an (apparent) lack of information: if you try, only try, to read the review (http://www.htprojectors.com/htprojec...=253&PROD=3057) you will find a lot of details about what happened during the review.

You'll read that I saw at least 2 PE8720 in Greece that were giving a very good image and wrote this.

This was not the case for the 2 (two) samples I reviewed.

I've published many photographs about this, for the exact reason that people like you, who don't know me, can have FACTS to see what happened and why I wrote my consideration. I try to speak with facts and numbers (please check the data I posted, i.e. firmware and configuration under test); and, what is more, I would never infer (i.e., the special implication of drawing a particular inference from a generalization conclusions from my peculiar experience.

The fact that YOUR unit is performing very well is, apart a positive fact for you, doesn't mean that EVERY PE8720 carries the same luck.

The difference between you and me is that I received the unit from BenQ Italy as 2 samples to be reviewed. And what you can read are the actual and exact results, along with the distributor comments at the end of the article.

May I know if you actually read my review?

Thanks.

Ciao,
Andrea
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. But in practice, there is."

www.htprojectors.com
Andrea Manuti is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Li On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 4,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know something about the W9000? IMO it may be the closest match to the upcoming JVC RS1.

regards,

Li On
Li On is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mbw23air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: KY
Posts: 2,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Sounds like it is just the same projector but maybe with different model #'s in different countries. Also, here is the answer to the 1080p 24fps question from the Benq website.

"The W10000/W9000 is one of the very few projectors fully supporting the 1080p/24fps standard, for HD video at 24 frames per secondthe format for professional movie filming, production and editing, and used in Blu-ray disc players. Now you can have it in your home, the same high-quality video professionals work with."

Mike

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
mbw23air is online now  
post #10 of 15 Old 01-25-2007, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
clehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On View Post

IMO it may be the closest match to the upcoming JVC RS1.

Hm, why would you say that? Or would you also say the same thing about any other 1080p DLP like the HD81 or the SIM2 D80?

Regards
Christoph
*************
Contact via Public Profile
clehner is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Li On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 4,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Because of the price. The HD81 is at $10k which is quite a bit higher than the JVC. I don't know the Sim2 D80 and I doubt it's price is close to the Benq.

regards,

Li On
Li On is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 01-25-2007, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
clehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On View Post

I don't know the Sim2 D80 and I doubt it's price is close to the Benq.

Well, the D80 is around 6.750 Euro excl. VAT at the moment in Germany which is in the same region as the W10000.

However price isn't everything i guess

Regards
Christoph
*************
Contact via Public Profile
clehner is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 01-25-2007, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Li On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 4,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
6750 Euro is close to US$9k, right? That's the HD81 range. I thought the W10000 is at $6k or lower.

I think we all agree those 1-chip 1080p gives a great picture if one don't suffer from any DLP mental illness! The upcoming JVC needs some competition!

regards,

Li On
Li On is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 01-26-2007, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevivoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Manuti View Post

I'm wondering if you read the review I wrote.

You seem to talk with an (apparent) lack of information: if you try, only try, to read the review (http://www.htprojectors.com/htprojec...=253&PROD=3057) you will find a lot of details about what happened during the review.

I read your review of the 8720, let's hope the 9000 and 10000 work as planned.

k
kevivoe is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Electric_Haggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 984
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all.

I realise this is an old thread now, but I have a W10000 on my shortlist, should a 2nd hand unit become available.

My old W5000 was just untouchable for sharpness, thanks largely to its .95" chip.
The W10000, with its unique 3cm Darkchip3 should be a good deal better again! (right?)

One question I have is with the lens throw.
A 2.4 metre-wide image @ 3.6 metres throw is no-go in my room.

Has anyone tried (or heard of anyone trying) the lens mod to achieve greater zoom range?
If so, how much more range do you get?

Thankya kindly in advance...
Electric_Haggis is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off