Pearl Computer and Scaler Use - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-02-2007, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've seen the Pearl several times at a friends house, and while I can see the slight softness in the image, I find it difficult to separate this from the source content, which is often the culprit for apparent softness. In any case its not too bothersome.

In my living room, I use my projector with the computer as much as with video other video sources - for browsing the web, computer games, as well as movies and tv shows. I'm a little concerned over how soft the Pearl will look with computer usage. For all the Pearl screenshots I've seen, not many of them have been of computer screens (web browser sessions, etc.) If any of you Pearl users also use it with a computer, I'd love to hear your comments. If I remember right, it must be used with the DVI/HDMI inputs for 1080p? How readable /sharp is the text and are there any issues with 1:1 pixel mapping and overscan?

Finally those using scalers like the VP50 or Lumagen, does using a scaler improve perceived sharpness with HD-DVD / BD movies (film sources) compared to 1080i input ? If it is improved, how marked is the improvement?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page