Optimum Cabling configuration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In a previous thread, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=9360533 , I was asked several times about my configuration and the issues I was having with a 75' 22AWG HDMI cable I purchased from monoprice. I'm voicing the answers here, since it was offtopic for that thread, but still good conversation and I'm genuinely happy with anyone willing to share their wisdom with me.

My intentions are to purchase a 1080p projector (Most likely the Panasonic, but its hard to refuse the Sony Pearl considering how popular it is), so I'm hoping to be able to put a 1080p video signal through whatever cables I get.

The run room is about 17 feet deep, however the ceiling is quite high and in order to make it I'm going to need about 50' of cable to hook up my video in my current configuration.

I'm thinking the best bet will be to reconfigure my room so I can use a shorter video run and longer audio runs, rather than the other way around (a tad difficult considering the back wall is cinderblock) Does this seem like a sensible solution?

Also, if anyone has seen both the Panasonic and Sony in action and want to give an opinion (and possibly even a screen type and size recommendation) I'd be most appreciative. ProjectorCentral seems to favor the Panasonic, but more the more opinions the better.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page