Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #241 of 246 Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What a metamorphosis! It's as if sbarger is no longer the same person. The writing style, tone and position of his posts has transformed from someone who clearly had no clue about customer service, to a customer service expert.

sbarger, if anyone else here were to buy from you, which personality would they be dealing with? Tell us the truth... is it really your wife who has made the last half-dozen posts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I have not followed this thread but here is my testimony of who I, as a seller recently got ripped off by a con artist using Paypal:

Papal is not your pal. I've been taken to the cleaners by Papal. Their entire desperate goal here is to get you to authorize Electronic Funds Transfer (ETF) from your personal bank accounts. They do this by getting you to "verify" your bank account. You are preauthorizing any and all future EFTs from your bank account. This is an act of sheer stupidity. Banks pay ETFs first and ask questions later, which is the exact opposite of paper checks.

Papal wants unfretted access to you money! You are pre-authorizing them to take money from your account even if you don't want them too. You cannot close or make changes to your Paypal or bank accounts if there is a negative balance. Just like gambling in Vegas!

How can there be a negative balance? The con is a buyer pays Papal with their MasterCard/Visa. When they do that, you have NO rights as you cannot contest the charge. Only Papal can do that. Papal could care less about your rights or money. This stealing is becoming a well known technique called a "setup".

In my case the buyer came and personally inspected the USED but perfect condition message chair. It was sold as is. But they insisted on making payment to Papal. I won the initial hollow victory as Papal sided with me. The buyer then simply contested the Papal charge with their (unknown to me) Charge Card Company and got to keep the chair too. In effect they stole a $2000 chair. It's all legal too.

The EBay ratings mean very little as the crooked people are able to wipe away their bad rating. This crooked buyer has a restored 5 transaction 100% rating. EBay and Papal will not let you post anything negative when you sell, like not accepting Papal because it's unsafe. I now only take the far more restrictive method of local pickup, cash only. There are just too many people out their today to rip you off.

The Papal buyer guarantee costs fall totally onto the seller. Even if you are selling used gear at a deep discount, the buyer can still return their purchase for any easy to make up reason. No sales are final until many months later. This is a huge risk to the seller as the buyer can break or ruin the merchandise and then claim that it was not as represented.

Papal gives the seller tiny boxes to contest the buyers claim and they don't keep a record of your correspondence. Or you press submit and it's deleted. Finding some to talk to is always a 30 minute wait. The grandmother type that answers is always nice and polite and sympathizes with you. (Let's cry together like on Oprah.) But they do nothing and pushed us off back to EBay. My angry wife fell for this tactic until I explained that it was all a waste of time.

Paypal rules are vague and Paypal changes them at whime. They get to do they want. And they do what every it takes to make money off of you.

Hopefully my time spent here is not wasted.
post #243 of 246 Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbawilly View Post

What a metamorphosis! It's as if sbarger is no longer the same person. The writing style, tone and position of his posts has transformed from someone who clearly had no clue about customer service, to a customer service expert.

sbarger, if anyone else here were to buy from you, which personality would they be dealing with? Tell us the truth... is it really your wife who has made the last half-dozen posts?

When I found out I was not going to loose 3K is when I got happier. That and I tend to always fight for what I believe in, but this time it backfired on me and I learned a valuable lesson. Diplomacy..
post #244 of 246 Old 02-08-2007, 08:15 PM
QQQ
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 13
Congrats Steve.
post #245 of 246 Old 02-08-2007, 08:34 PM