JVC DLA-RS1 Owner's Thread - Page 293 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8761 of 8767 Old 09-27-2014, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Ha Ha, I used my VW60 for 5 years and only put 20,000 hours on it before it started to have issues, damn consumer junk never lasts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8762 of 8767 Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone experienced a partial remote failure in that it would accept the signal to turn on but not accept the signal to turn off?

I solved it by unplugging the projector for a few minutes but in my experience such solutions are a stop-gap and I'm expecting it to come back again.

Not complaining, that's the only issue I've had and I've owned the PJ since 2007.

Thanks,
Chuck

post #8763 of 8767 Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anyone tried the SONY VPL-HW40ES or 55 as a replacement and if so were you satisfied?

I've been very satisfied with the RS-1 and have gone through about 5 lamps. I use it like a TV and no longer in a bat cave.

I Saw good reviews on these Sonys and would like the benefit of their brightness and improved motion blur for watching hockey in a slightly lit room on a 135" diagonal 1.0 gain screen. At $2000 for the VPL-HW40ES, the current national sale price, this seems like it could be an affordable short term solution.

Any thoughts? Thx

Don't lose sight of the Big Picture
post #8764 of 8767 Old 11-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Parts for RS1

I bought a JVC DLA-RS1 from someone on Craigslist this weekend. Unfortunately it is broken and the guy won't give me my money back.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these laying around that is broken that I could buy for cheap to fix mine up? What's wrong with it is that only the composite input is working on the video board... no HDMI or component. I'm assuming that I just need to replace the video processing board, but who know?

Please help if you can... otherwise I'm out $550.
post #8765 of 8767 Old 11-10-2014, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambou812 View Post
i don't know why but i just bought an dla-rs1x i didn't need anymore projectors .
i demo'd one once but ended up going for the Mitsubishi's because of cost
i found one cheap with 640 hours on the projector it self still has the original bulb it came with.
well this one has a problem according to the seller its not accepting input so now i'm on the parts hunt,i would like to start with an input board or maybe a parts machine?
if you have anything parts wise drop me a pm
thanks
I'm in the same boat with my RS1. Have you had any luck finding a solution with the input problem? Thanks.
post #8766 of 8767 Old 11-11-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boontok View Post
I'm in the same boat with my RS1. Have you had any luck finding a solution with the input problem? Thanks.
i'm sorry to say no i haven't. iv'e been looking for rs1 parts projectors with maybe a bad lcd. or other problems but have not found one, that doesn't have the same issue as mine.
still looking
post #8767 of 8767 Old 11-11-2014, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylepdx View Post
Has anyone tried the SONY VPL-HW40ES or 55 as a replacement and if so were you satisfied?

I've been very satisfied with the RS-1 and have gone through about 5 lamps. I use it like a TV and no longer in a bat cave.

I Saw good reviews on these Sonys and would like the benefit of their brightness and improved motion blur for watching hockey in a slightly lit room on a 135" diagonal 1.0 gain screen. At $2000 for the VPL-HW40ES, the current national sale price, this seems like it could be an affordable short term solution.

Any thoughts? Thx
now that the price has been falling on the JVC DLA-RS48U it would definitely be good alternative to the sony.
but the sony would be a bit brighter but to my eyes the RS48 looks more crisp and vibrant.
for the money i would go for the jvc.
i guess it depends on how much light you are going to have and whether your going to use it for home theater two.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page