JVC DLA-RS1 Owner's Thread - Page 293 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #8761 of 8786 Old 09-27-2014, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Ha Ha, I used my VW60 for 5 years and only put 20,000 hours on it before it started to have issues, damn consumer junk never lasts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8762 of 8786 Old 10-08-2014, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone experienced a partial remote failure in that it would accept the signal to turn on but not accept the signal to turn off?

I solved it by unplugging the projector for a few minutes but in my experience such solutions are a stop-gap and I'm expecting it to come back again.

Not complaining, that's the only issue I've had and I've owned the PJ since 2007.

Thanks,
Chuck

post #8763 of 8786 Old 10-30-2014, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anyone tried the SONY VPL-HW40ES or 55 as a replacement and if so were you satisfied?

I've been very satisfied with the RS-1 and have gone through about 5 lamps. I use it like a TV and no longer in a bat cave.

I Saw good reviews on these Sonys and would like the benefit of their brightness and improved motion blur for watching hockey in a slightly lit room on a 135" diagonal 1.0 gain screen. At $2000 for the VPL-HW40ES, the current national sale price, this seems like it could be an affordable short term solution.

Any thoughts? Thx

Don't lose sight of the Big Picture
post #8764 of 8786 Old 11-10-2014, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Parts for RS1

I bought a JVC DLA-RS1 from someone on Craigslist this weekend. Unfortunately it is broken and the guy won't give me my money back.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these laying around that is broken that I could buy for cheap to fix mine up? What's wrong with it is that only the composite input is working on the video board... no HDMI or component. I'm assuming that I just need to replace the video processing board, but who know?

Please help if you can... otherwise I'm out $550.
post #8765 of 8786 Old 11-10-2014, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambou812 View Post
i don't know why but i just bought an dla-rs1x i didn't need anymore projectors .
i demo'd one once but ended up going for the Mitsubishi's because of cost
i found one cheap with 640 hours on the projector it self still has the original bulb it came with.
well this one has a problem according to the seller its not accepting input so now i'm on the parts hunt,i would like to start with an input board or maybe a parts machine?
if you have anything parts wise drop me a pm
thanks
I'm in the same boat with my RS1. Have you had any luck finding a solution with the input problem? Thanks.
post #8766 of 8786 Old 11-11-2014, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boontok View Post
I'm in the same boat with my RS1. Have you had any luck finding a solution with the input problem? Thanks.
i'm sorry to say no i haven't. iv'e been looking for rs1 parts projectors with maybe a bad lcd. or other problems but have not found one, that doesn't have the same issue as mine.
still looking
post #8767 of 8786 Old 11-11-2014, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylepdx View Post
Has anyone tried the SONY VPL-HW40ES or 55 as a replacement and if so were you satisfied?

I've been very satisfied with the RS-1 and have gone through about 5 lamps. I use it like a TV and no longer in a bat cave.

I Saw good reviews on these Sonys and would like the benefit of their brightness and improved motion blur for watching hockey in a slightly lit room on a 135" diagonal 1.0 gain screen. At $2000 for the VPL-HW40ES, the current national sale price, this seems like it could be an affordable short term solution.

Any thoughts? Thx
now that the price has been falling on the JVC DLA-RS48U it would definitely be good alternative to the sony.
but the sony would be a bit brighter but to my eyes the RS48 looks more crisp and vibrant.
for the money i would go for the jvc.
i guess it depends on how much light you are going to have and whether your going to use it for home theater two.
post #8768 of 8786 Old 11-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
AVSmembers?

Still using their projector from 7 years ago?

Isn't this breaking some fundamental law of physics or something?

I'm afraid.
Ha well that just speaks to how good the RS1 was/is. I've been waiting for either some amazing laser source or 4k to upgrade. Looks like I'm waiting another year.

P.S. - I just bought a replacement lamp from Amazon for $46. At that price, had to give it a try. Prior OSRAM bulb for $130 lasted only 900 hours. This new one also has a 150 day warranty per Amazon. I just need to get through one more year (with one or two more cheap bulbs hopefully) and then new PJ next year.
Chris Rein likes this.

Last edited by chriscic; 11-29-2014 at 07:03 AM.
post #8769 of 8786 Old 01-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscic View Post
Ha well that just speaks to how good the RS1 was/is. I've been waiting for either some amazing laser source or 4k to upgrade. Looks like I'm waiting another year.

P.S. - I just bought a replacement lamp from Amazon for $46. At that price, had to give it a try. Prior OSRAM bulb for $130 lasted only 900 hours. This new one also has a 150 day warranty per Amazon. I just need to get through one more year (with one or two more cheap bulbs hopefully) and then new PJ next year.
Let us know if the $46 bulb lasts and if it is of comparable brightness, thanks!
Chris Rein and JayAllan like this.
post #8770 of 8786 Old 01-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagercola View Post
Let us know if the $46 bulb lasts and if it is of comparable brightness, thanks!
I haven't measured the light output but subjectively seems just fine after a month of use running on low lamp. For $46 my expectations are low but regardless no red flags so far. Time will tell how it holds up!
post #8771 of 8786 Old 03-04-2015, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscic View Post
I haven't measured the light output but subjectively seems just fine after a month of use running on low lamp. For $46 my expectations are low but regardless no red flags so far. Time will tell how it holds up!
Hi,
when you'll check the light output, may you please write the result in a post..
I'd like to compare with mine..
I've a JVC HD1, and i'm at the end of the third lamp...
With this lamp i've 1450 hours and the Eye-One Display 2 at 50 cm (roughly 20 inches) from the screen tell 1,69 FL
with 100% White test image.
I bought a "new" lamp but the light output in the same condition fall down to 0,69 FL.
So i try to send back the lamp...
Thank you for the time you dedicate in writing the information.
m64
post #8772 of 8786 Old 03-04-2015, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 13
I can't believe that I started this thread 8 years ago.

EIGHT YEARS AGO!!!

And yes, I still have my RS1!
Chris Rein likes this.
post #8773 of 8786 Old 03-05-2015, 10:31 AM

Liked: 12
Thumbs up

I'll have had my RS1 for 8 years this June. It's been a great projector and performs as well today as when it was new. I'm on my 5th lamp and I clean the optics and filter regularly.
Rob Tomlin likes this.
post #8774 of 8786 Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marswill View Post
I'll have had my RS1 for 8 years this June. It's been a great projector and performs as well today as when it was new. I'm on my 5th lamp and I clean the optics and filter regularly.
me too but my fans are quite loud. i believe the bearings tend to go.

r-s
post #8775 of 8786 Old 03-08-2015, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 102
would you buy one of these used vs getting something like the benq new?

Sub build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...et-r-done.html
Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub - Dual UXL'18 enclosures,iNuke6000dsp
post #8776 of 8786 Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
I bought a used RS1 a few years ago. I had a couple DLP projectors before that. I use mine for about 90% movies, I just can't get past the film-like appearance of the JVC's. It doesn't look as digital as other technologies. I know some people prefer other projectors for sports, but it's perfect for my use.

FWIW, I just upgraded to a HD250 (same as RS10). Buying used has worked out well for me so far.

-Derek

post #8777 of 8786 Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm still rolling with my RS1 and still love it!

I do need a new bulb, and am not sure where to go. Is AVS still selling? If so, I can't find anywhere on their site to order or call. Funny, I remember Jason Turk as my go to guy back in the day, but know he's long gone from AVS.

There are several bulbs listed on Amazon, at various prices to boot, but doubt any of them are genuine. At this point, 8 years later, does it matter? Chriscic, which one did you go with?

And Rob, thanks for starting this thread. 8 years later it still gets used.
Rob Tomlin likes this.
post #8778 of 8786 Old 03-10-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1347 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
No. Maybe a newer JVC, but I would not pay much if any for an eight year old projector.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #8779 of 8786 Old 03-10-2015, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
No. Maybe a newer JVC, but I would not pay much if any for an eight year old projector.
Thanks for that. Will keep looking around.

Sub build http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...et-r-done.html
Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub - Dual UXL'18 enclosures,iNuke6000dsp
post #8780 of 8786 Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin View Post
I can't believe that I started this thread 8 years ago.

EIGHT YEARS AGO!!!

And yes, I still have my RS1!
Hi Rob! Wow! I remember when we all bought our RS-1's together. It was truly a ground breaking machine. Loved it. I moved on however to an RS-20, then an RS-35 (which I'm still using). Waiting for JVC to release another ground breaking machine and then I'll upgrade.
Rob Tomlin likes this.
post #8781 of 8786 Old 03-16-2015, 03:56 PM

Hi guys I have a problem with my RS2, evrything works fine, but on the control panel units do not work, only the LED lights up to standby. When you turn on the projector remote control standby light goes out and nothing is off, the projector is operating normally, and everything can be operated with the remote control. What could be the reason ???

Last edited by GOFER1234; 03-27-2015 at 04:56 AM.
post #8782 of 8786 Old 03-27-2015, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Hi there, I purchased a JVC RS1 this week for pretty cheap price. The picture looks impressive except I noticed the right lower side of the screen has a yellow tinge to it. I watched a couple movies at first with the projector set up on a stand and didn't notice, but maybe it was there then. I celing mounted it and I noticed the yellow tinge today after setting it up. I cleaned the prism and that brightened the picture but didnt fix the yellow tinge. The bulb is a OEM Phillips with 1038 hours.

Also the picture flickered at first but I set it to high and the flicker stopped. My question is can the bulb cause the yellow tinge or maybe something more serious?

Thanks for any help.
post #8783 of 8786 Old 03-28-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68 View Post
Hi there, I purchased a JVC RS1 this week for pretty cheap price. The picture looks impressive except I noticed the right lower side of the screen has a yellow tinge to it. I watched a couple movies at first with the projector set up on a stand and didn't notice, but maybe it was there then. I celing mounted it and I noticed the yellow tinge today after setting it up. I cleaned the prism and that brightened the picture but didnt fix the yellow tinge. The bulb is a OEM Phillips with 1038 hours.

Also the picture flickered at first but I set it to high and the flicker stopped. My question is can the bulb cause the yellow tinge or maybe something more serious?

Thanks for any help.
Well I put the projector back on a stand and the yellow moved to the left so nothing to do with ceiling mounting it. Next I'll try a new bulb but doubt that is the problem. Maybe its just been used enough to be wearing out? Not sure how the light engine works in these, but turning yellow could be a sign of usable life ending?

I might contact the ebay seller and see what they have to say about not mentioning this problem.
post #8784 of 8786 Old 03-28-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68 View Post
Well I put the projector back on a stand and the yellow moved to the left so nothing to do with ceiling mounting it. Next I'll try a new bulb but doubt that is the problem. Maybe its just been used enough to be wearing out? Not sure how the light engine works in these, but turning yellow could be a sign of usable life ending?

I might contact the ebay seller and see what they have to say about not mentioning this problem.
New bulb installed and brighter picture but still yellow tinge. I guess its wearing out. I am thinking of contacting JVC and see if its repairable, but also notified the ebay seller of the problem, not sure what will come out of that because he said he fully tested it before shipping and there was no issues.
post #8785 of 8786 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

Well I found out on my own the cause of yellow tinge issues with these type projectors. It is not something easily repaired and the cost would be high. My yellow tint issue is mild so it still looks great. After cleaning the prisms, lenses and new lamp it has contrast and brightness to spare I can run it on low lamp mode and actually had to decrease contrast to -14. I'll just use it as it is. The only thing I would consider is buying a dead RS1 for parts dirt cheap. I got a partial refund from ebay seller so this one only cost me $300.00. The thing looks new. just a shame it has the issue.

Also, I was told the first thing a tech would do is re-flash the eeprom as sometimes this fixes it. other wise its a lot more complicated and costly.

P.S. I feel like I was talking to myself on this thread. I guess that's normal when posting in a 8 year old gear thread.

Last edited by Todd68; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.
post #8786 of 8786 Old Today, 01:34 AM

You are not alone I have the same problem in rs2 + the control panel on unite don't work but I pay 500$ for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page