JVC DLA-RS1 Owner's Thread - Page 298 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #8911 of 8912 Old 07-11-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I always reset the timer. Never had a lamp blow on me in 8 lamps. Still, it is really dim by 2000 hours so unless you run a really small screen in a completely dark room, I can't imagine waiting on a new lamp. The OSRAM lamp at Amazon is only $87. Just be sure you wear gloves while handling the lamp or oils from fingers on a bare bulb will cause early failure.

https://www.amazon.com/Osram-P-VIP-Q..._2&s=hi&sr=1-2
Looking back in this thread suggests the Philips bulb might be a better but more expensive choice (30% brighter initially according to some posts).

I found this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C74M0TQ..._ugaHxbQV364WY

How difficult is it to install a new bulb in an old housing? I've replaced plenty of the complete units but they were the knock offs and haven't lasted long. Now im looking for a better option.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Krister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8912 of 8912 Old 07-11-2016, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 773 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by krholmberg View Post
Looking back in this thread suggests the Philips bulb might be a better but more expensive choice (30% brighter initially according to some posts).

I found this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C74M0TQ..._ugaHxbQV364WY

How difficult is it to install a new bulb in an old housing? I've replaced plenty of the complete units but they were the knock offs and haven't lasted long. Now im looking for a better option.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
It isn't difficult if you have an old knockoff housing. The OEM housing on mine had the old bulb soldered in, which would mean adding lug connectors and screws to attach to a new bare bulb. My knockoff housings had the lugs screw-attached to the lamp and was a simple swap.

I had purchased what was supposedly a Philips bare bulb but it may have been a knockoff. It was not as bright as a new OSRAM and the color seemed a bit green to me.
krholmberg likes this.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector