JVC DLA-RS1 Owner's Thread - Page 302 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #9031 of 9034 Unread 05-01-2017, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6250 Post(s)
Liked: 4032
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
The newer JVCs are a lot larger than the RS-1... If the old mount is universal, it might fit the newer projector, but it is very likely you will need a new mount.

FYI... I bought a Peerless PRG-UNV mount which is supposed to fit the new JVC but while it does fit the new JVC when the arms are fully extended, the instructions says not to use the mount in that configuration as it is beyond the limits of the design.

Luckily, my old Chief mount could handle the larger JVC. It came with various mounting arms and i used the larger arms which fit the new JVC. Sadly, Chief no longer makes mounts...
Chief still makes mounts. In fact, I think they make the best mount out there.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9032 of 9034 Unread 05-01-2017, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked: 277
I should have clarified... Chief no longer makes mounts that will fit the current JVC projectors. The one i have is a huge mount that was nearly the size of the projector. It is an aluminum frame that has slotted holes. You align the mounting holes in the projector to the slotted holes in the frame to fit...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #9033 of 9034 Unread 05-02-2017, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 6250 Post(s)
Liked: 4032
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
I should have clarified... Chief no longer makes mounts that will fit the current JVC projectors. The one i have is a huge mount that was nearly the size of the projector. It is an aluminum frame that has slotted holes. You align the mounting holes in the projector to the slotted holes in the frame to fit...
What you are saying is not correct. Chief makes mounts for the current JVC's. I think what you are trying to say is the Chief universal mount no longer fits the current line of JVC projectors. Hardly any universal mount fits the current line of JVC projectors. Though some people have extended the arms farther than manufacturer recommendations and or use extension pieces to make them fit. Instead, you should just buy the correct interface plate for your existing Chief mount.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html

post #9034 of 9034 Unread Today, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
What you are saying is not correct. Chief makes mounts for the current JVC's. I think what you are trying to say is the Chief universal mount no longer fits the current line of JVC projectors. Hardly any universal mount fits the current line of JVC projectors. Though some people have extended the arms farther than manufacturer recommendations and or use extension pieces to make them fit. Instead, you should just buy the correct interface plate for your existing Chief mount.
This is correct, Chief has custom Mounting Plates for all the JVC Projectors. The only one requiring a new mount is the RS4500K because it is 85lbs ....

Glen Carter<br />
Home Theater Calibration<br />
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector