Viewsonic Pro8100 1080p Projector - Page 310 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #9271 of 9287 Old 01-14-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
FYI:
My client's 8100 was not repairable and was replaced with a BenQ. He had a brand new replacement lamp he was holding onto (Ushio bulb) that I would like to sell for him. I thought about using it in mine but I've only got about 900 hrs on it.

I believe it was purchased here: http://www.projectorlampsource.ca/vi...ctor_bulb.html

We'd be willing to sell it for $200 CAD plus shipping ($170USD I think today?). Again, it's the Ushio bulb in the cage.

Please let me know

You may want to take that to the "Classifieds" .. it's generally discouraged on AVS to attempt to peddle goods in a regular thread ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 9287 Old 01-14-2015, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I guess Uncle Willie and I got the last two good Mwave bulbs.
I've bought and used more than one that all worked out great and, in fact, measured slightly brighter that the Viewsonic original .. apparently, YMMV .. I've got 3000 hours on my latest, and it's still holding strong ... 11,000 hours now on the 8100 ...

Dark Rider also had good experience with the Mwave product ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #9273 of 9287 Old 01-14-2015, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I noticed on their website that they list three P/Ns for the same price. FWIW, I got the BP00040. Not sure what the differences are.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #9274 of 9287 Old 01-14-2015, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I've bought and used more than one that all worked out great and, in fact, measured slightly brighter that the Viewsonic original .. apparently, YMMV .. I've got 3000 hours on my latest, and it's still holding strong ... 11,000 hours now on the 8100 ...

Dark Rider also had good experience with the Mwave product ..
Can you and Dark Rider also confirm part # you ordered from them? Mine were also from M-wave, but the ebay listings seem to have been removed. The bulbs would take 10+ min to get up to a point that's still darker than a 2000+ hr original.
post #9275 of 9287 Old 01-15-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHEX View Post
Can you and Dark Rider also confirm part # you ordered from them? Mine were also from M-wave, but the ebay listings seem to have been removed. The bulbs would take 10+ min to get up to a point that's still darker than a 2000+ hr original.
According to my email receipt, they were all RLC-031 .. which really means nothing, IMO .. since these compatible lamps come from all over and I'm pretty sure there are Mitsubishi models that take the same lamp ..

Most all PJ lamps take a little time to come to full brightness ..

Uncle Willie

post #9276 of 9287 Old 01-15-2015, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Did you mean RLC-032?
old corps likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #9277 of 9287 Old 01-15-2015, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
According to my email receipt, they were all RLC-031 .. which really means nothing, IMO .. since these compatible lamps come from all over and I'm pretty sure there are Mitsubishi models that take the same lamp ..

Most all PJ lamps take a little time to come to full brightness ..
These would literally take 10+ minutes to get to a dim, uneven screen; the corners would be somewhat different colors. The stock/OEM ones are maybe 4-5min.
post #9278 of 9287 Old 01-15-2015, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHEX View Post
These would literally take 10+ minutes to get to a dim, uneven screen; the corners would be somewhat different colors. The stock/OEM ones are maybe 4-5min.

+1
The 2 I tried were junk. The only positive thing I can say is that mwave actually answered their phone & refunded my $$$, no problem. They even sent me a prepaid UPS label for the 2nd one.
JMHO

Ed
post #9279 of 9287 Old 03-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mwave Lamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
+1
The 2 I tried were junk. The only positive thing I can say is that mwave actually answered their phone & refunded my $$$, no problem. They even sent me a prepaid UPS label for the 2nd one.
JMHO

Ed
Installed Mwave lamp and now have 2000 hours on it. Getting rather dim so I put the OEM lamp back in that has 692 hours and oh my what a revelation. I had forgotten how fantastic the Pro 8100 is. Watching basketball was like being there. The motion was great with no pixels. Brightness, contrast snap was back. I was even considering replacing the Pro 8100 but after looking at the current crop I just do not see any of them at a reasonable price coming close to the performance.

I just ordered a lamp from www.projectorlampsource.com that they claim is the same as the OEM bulb. Hope it fits better than the Mwave bulb. Thought I was not going to be able to remove it. I had to modify the housing when I installed it by filing off some of the plastic and even the metal rails that guide it into the projector. Will not be using any more Mwave bulbs.

The price from projector lamp resource is $188 with free shipping. Hope the price is an indication that it is a better lamp than the Mwave. Will let the group know how it works our.

I noticed in a post by Uncle Willie that a friend of his had a bulb from projector lamp source. If you see this Uncle Willie, do you have any comments from this supplier and their lamps?

Thanks,

Henry McEwin
old corps likes this.

Last edited by hmcewin; 03-17-2015 at 10:35 AM.
post #9280 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

Liked: 10
I own the 8100 for a few years now and its been my daily screen. The original bulb finally died on me. Checked and I had almost 10K on it. Even though people say mwave was a hit or miss, the bulb I just received works great. Really bright even in eco mode. I didn't have to shave anything off to fit it in the projector. I did had to swap the screws though. The one that came with the bulb was a tad short.
post #9281 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
FYI, I've had an OE Ushio lamp/housing in the classifieds since Feb I'd like to sell

Cheers.
post #9282 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have been using my Ushio bulb-only replacement for 500 hours and have been very happy with the image. Took all of 10 min with a screwdriver and a pair of cotton gloves to change. It did take 30 hours or so of burn-in for the color to stabilize, I did a more thorough calibration then. I think I paid $125 for the bulb only.
post #9283 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snak3y3z1001 View Post
I own the 8100 for a few years now and its been my daily screen. The original bulb finally died on me. Checked and I had almost 10K on it. Even though people say mwave was a hit or miss, the bulb I just received works great. Really bright even in eco mode. I didn't have to shave anything off to fit it in the projector. I did had to swap the screws though. The one that came with the bulb was a tad short.
You might post a link to where you got it ..

Uncle Willie

post #9284 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcewin View Post
I just ordered a lamp from www.projectorlampsource.com that they claim is the same as the OEM bulb. Hope it fits better than the Mwave bulb. Thought I was not going to be able to remove it. I had to modify the housing when I installed it by filing off some of the plastic and even the metal rails that guide it into the projector. Will not be using any more Mwave bulbs.

The price from projector lamp resource is $188 with free shipping. Hope the price is an indication that it is a better lamp than the Mwave. Will let the group know how it works our.

I noticed in a post by Uncle Willie that a friend of his had a bulb from projector lamp source. If you see this Uncle Willie, do you have any comments from this supplier and their lamps?

Henry McEwin

You mean this lamp .. ??

http://www.projectorlampsource.com/v...8100_lamp.html

Uncle Willie

post #9285 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

No, I got this one: http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com...100rlc032.html I got just the bulb. It said Ushio on the bulb. I kept my old cage since some said the replacement cages didn't fit too well.
post #9286 of 9287 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

They didn't have the bulb in stock and it took a week or two for them to ship it. I guess they source from someone else, who, I don't know.
post #9287 of 9287 Unread Today, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes that is correct. It too was a poor fit and after I got it seated it would not fire up. I returned it and received a full refund. The companies selling these lamps must source them from different manufactures since some seem to fit and others do not. The two after market ones I got were both difficult to insert. The Mwave one had to be modified. Pretty loose specs on the castings of the cages.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Viewsonic Pro8100 Full Hd 1080p Home Theater Projector , Viewsonic
Gear in this thread - Pro8100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page