AVS Forum banner

Show us your screenshots!!

686K views 3K replies 384 participants last post by  Craig Peer 
#1 ·
I was over in the CRT area and love the screenshot thread, "Screenshot Wars", that was started. I didn't want to "pollute" their thread so I came over here to this area only to search and not find one. So here we go....post up your best screen shots with a brief description of your equipment. It's always great to see shots from different mixes of equipment (i.e. Projectors, Screens, Video processors)

I Guess I'll go first!!

Shots of 2001 A.S.O. (HD-DVD)

HD-A1 --> Crystalio 2 VPS-3300 --> JVC DLA-RS1 (BT-709 calibrated) --> 106" 16:9 Vutec Silverstar

See less See more
#2,495 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa
paolino are your color settings the same for both iron man and Ratotool?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa
Also what does Gamma and Gaudagno do in your RGBCMY Settings?

Example Green is Gamma 89 percent and Guadagno is 85
Yes you use the setup cinema 2 or 3, enter the service menu and change the values ​​SCE and 6500k. First save the original setup.

#2,496 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolino64
Yes

Yes you use the setup cinema 2 or 3, enter the service menu and change the values ​​SCE and 6500k. First save the original setup.
My question regarding them was in that RGBMCY settings

what does the Gamma and the other thing adjust...

Does Gamma adjust Light in the Color and Gaudagno Saturation...?

Trying to figure out there function purpose and meaning in that part of the color settings...

Example

On an Epson 9700 in the RGBMCY settings

for Red

you would have

Hue/ Saturation/ Brightness...

#2,499 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Dave /forum/post/20231931

Your analysis of my criticism is flawed. I suggest re-reading my posts. Nowhere did I state it was improper to explain how pictures are taken.

This discussion also adds no value to this thread so I will end it here. I would be happy to discuss any further concerns via PM should you wish.

With over five infractions in the past four months I managed to start my own thread, and it's still there. Thank you moderators. The last time I tried my own thread was in 2009. It was shut down because "we don't need two threads". No PM will be necessary.

#2,506 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by f300v10 /forum/post/20298918

Runco LS-5 with Panamorph US-380

Nikon D5000

(..)

Awesome. Came to help Paolino64 keep the thread alive, are you?

As long as you didn't adjust in post, it looks superb.

And the movie, i was expecting the worst after all the negative comments, But i was positively surprised. And the soundtrack, you can not not love it...

#2,507 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verners /forum/post/20299103

Awesome. Came to help Paolino64 keep the thread alive, are you?

As long as you didn't adjust in post, it looks superb.

And the movie, i was expecting the worst after all the negative comments, But i was positively surprised. And the soundtrack, you can not not love it...

Thanks Verners, the projector is brand new and these are the first screen shots I have taken of it. No adjustments other than cropping, hard to get the image perfectly rectangular at the range I was shooting from. The white balance is still to blue, need to read up on how to adjust that.

My take on the movie was similar to yours. Took my son to see it in 3-D at his request and found it fairly entertaining. Picked it up on Blu-ray on the image and sound track quality, definitely one of the better looking and sounding disks I own.

#2,509 ·
I am amazed at the clarity and quality of Paulino64's screenshots. Are these images for real, because they are the best looking and detailed shots that I have ever seen. Photoshop'd? I am looking for a projector to replace my Sony CRT and I believe that I found its replacement.

I know that screenshots are not a good indicator of PQ, but why they so much better than anything that I have seen?

Thanks,

Russell

#2,513 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedd10000
If I saw one more Steve Mo screenshot I was going to rip out my eyes! Please stop him.

Jeff
And why does he feel the need to keep posting screen shot from a DVD? It is 2011 and Blu-ray Disc is much better to look at when it comes to screen shots and I am sure that is not just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.