Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3000 Old 12-21-2008, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Equipment: Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB Projector / 106" DaLite High Power Screen / Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player / Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray Player / Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver / Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Digital Camera

Blu-ray Movie Title: Kung Fu Panda

Overall Picture Quality Rating: Reference Quality 4.75/5

post #363 of 3000 Old 12-21-2008, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 79
^^^^^^
Gorgeous

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #364 of 3000 Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
POTC / RS-1

Currently programming my Pronto TSU9600....I think I need some Tylenol.

Now Featuring the Klipsch THX Ultra2 System (Quad KW-120's)
Integra DTC 9.8 / Emotiva MPS-1
post #365 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

Yeah, it must be nice to have a quiet room.

It sounds like a JET PLANE in the back of my room.

That RS1 is a nice little unit.

Cliffy

How big is your screen and what brand?

Ricwhite....amazing shots...I have heard good things about the Epson.

I am curious to ask most of you with all these amazing images...how much ambient light are you letting into your room? Are you able to achieve these images with any ambient light coming in, or do you require complete darkness? I have seen many projectors on display in various high-end home theater retailers and have never seen images as sharp as the ones I've seen here. I'm thinking, you all must really be working hard to control the light coming into your rooms.

Moving into my first house soon and having to decide on the equipment. I am also curious about screen size, and which projectors are bright enough for a screen that is 120" or larger. I know many are only decent for 100" or lower.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback for this relative novice.

dave
post #366 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
These latest batch of shots looks amazing guys....keep them coming.
BTW, yes, screenshots are for fun...no way to use them for any type of comparison.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #367 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena View Post

These latest batch of shots looks amazing guys....keep them coming.
BTW, yes, screenshots are for fun...no way to use them for any type of comparison.

YES keep on posting my favs are the SIN CITY shots - TO REALLY APPRECIATE THEM WATCH THE FILM AGAIN ON YOUR OWN SETUPS....
post #368 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Equipment: Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB Projector / 106" DaLite High Power Screen / Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player / Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray Player / Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver / Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Digital Camera

Blu-ray Movie Title: Planet Earth

Overall Picture Quality Rating: Excellent 4.25/5

Pole to Pole

Mountain

Fresh Water

Caves

Deserts

Ice Worlds

Great Plains

Jungles

Shallow Seas

post #369 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Freaky View Post

I am curious to ask most of you with all these amazing images...how much ambient light are you letting into your room? Are you able to achieve these images with any ambient light coming in, or do you require complete darkness? I have seen many projectors on display in various high-end home theater retailers and have never seen images as sharp as the ones I've seen here. I'm thinking, you all must really be working hard to control the light coming into your rooms.

Moving into my first house soon and having to decide on the equipment. I am also curious about screen size, and which projectors are bright enough for a screen that is 120" or larger. I know many are only decent for 100" or lower.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback for this relative novice.

dave

My theater room has almost full light control. In fact, I even cover any bright led lights on equipment. Even a small amount of light reflecting on the screen will severely cut the contrast. The darker you can make the room, the better -- especially when using a front projector and screen.

Do a test: Projector off but all other theater equipment on. All lights off in the room. Let your eyes adjust for a few minutes. Then put your hands up at various spots close to your screen. Can you see ANY shadows at all on your screen. If you can, you have some ambient light leakage which will, at minimum, cut your contrast IN HALF -- probably much more.

I had to cover lights from my power conditioner, blu-ray player, receiver, telephone, and pop machine. During the day, however, I still have some leakage from under some doors and I have a little light from the illuminated light switches. But it's close to being totally dark.
post #370 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Blu-ray Movie Title: Kung Fu Panda

Overall Picture Quality Rating: Reference Quality 4.75/5

Awesome. One of the best Kung Fu panda shots I have seen.
post #371 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

ricwhite you did a great job indeed!

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #372 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My theater room has almost full light control. In fact, I even cover any bright led lights on equipment. Even a small amount of light reflecting on the screen will severely cut the contrast. The darker you can make the room, the better -- especially when using a front projector and screen.

Do a test: Projector off but all other theater equipment on. All lights off in the room. Let your eyes adjust for a few minutes. Then put your hands up at various spots close to your screen. Can you see ANY shadows at all on your screen. If you can, you have some ambient light leakage which will, at minimum, cut your contrast IN HALF -- probably much more.

I had to cover lights from my power conditioner, blu-ray player, receiver, telephone, and pop machine. During the day, however, I still have some leakage from under some doors and I have a little light from the illuminated light switches. But it's close to being totally dark.

Ric, thanks for the feedback...your screenshots are amazing...I'd say, the sharpest on here (with apologies to the others). This is surprising, considering how many higher-priced ones are on display in this forum, but I imagine price isn't everything.

I somewhat doubt I will be able to achieve TOTAL darkness in my new media room, but I will do my best. You said your screen is 106", right? How far back is the projector from the screen? I would like the flexibility to go from about 106" to "130 or so. Also (and I am again, a novice) does the image get LESS sharp the bigger the screen is? Does it just depend on how good the projector is?

Thanks in advance...

dave
post #373 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Exactly right. He was asking about "ambient light". What's that? Ill tell you what it is: the enemy!

Quote:

Agree again. Thank goodness that the majority of my HT equipment can have the display lights turned off completely. My power conditioner is not one of them, so it gets covered.

Same thing with a tiny blue "on" light on my power amp. The tiny little blue light acts like a searchlight, and definitely lights up my 1.3 gain screen enough to cast shadows in a completely dark room.

Quote:

Ric, thanks for the feedback...your screenshots are amazing...I'd say, the sharpest on here (with apologies to the others). This is surprising, considering how many higher-priced ones are on display in this forum, but I imagine price isn't everything.

Despite all of the posts agreeing that these shots are just for fun, and that you should not use them to judge picture quality of a title, much less compare projectors, you go and make a post like this?

I don't get it.

Realize this: any one of us could go back and re-process our pictures in photoshop to make them look "sharper". It's very easy to do. Would that make you change your mind as to which PJ is "sharper"?
post #374 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin View Post

Realize this: any one of us could go back and re-process our pictures in photoshop to make them look "sharper". It's very easy to do. Would that make you change your mind as to which PJ is "sharper"?

Very good post indeed.
In fact, unless you are shooting RAW, you camera is doing some automatic processing itself.
As for sharper also you need to understand a 106" wide image will be sharper than a 120" wide image most of the time, for example so you cant compare that either. Unless someone gets two or more pjs in the same room and take pics with the same settings, this thread is just for fun.
Heck...I can make my old W400Q LCD display CRT blacks with a bit of editing!

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #375 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I somewhat doubt I will be able to achieve TOTAL darkness in my new media room, but I will do my best. You said your screen is 106", right? How far back is the projector from the screen? I would like the flexibility to go from about 106" to "130 or so. Also (and I am again, a novice) does the image get LESS sharp the bigger the screen is? Does it just depend on how good the projector is?

Thanks in advance...

dave

The Epson 1080UB is a very good projector. It does have a few weaknesses which I won't point out unless you request it. I read an early review of the Epson 6500 (successor to the 1080UB) and it sounds even better than the 1080UB.

I am using a DaLite High Power screen. From my seating position, it offers a gain of about 1.8-2.0. The projector is on the far end of the range -- about 18 feet back -- which dims the image slightly, but is made-up with the high-gain screen. Without a high-gain screen, I think my screen size at 106" is about the maximum I would go. Anything much over that and you spread the light over a much larger area which will dim the image to the point that it will reduce significantly the "pop" to the image. You mentioned a size of 130" and there's no way I could recommend the Epson -- and probably most LCD projectors -- for that size unless you get a very high gain screen.

Sharpness shouldn't be affected much by the placement of the projector. Generally, two things are: 1) The closer the projector to the screen, the brighter the image. 2) The closer the projector is to the screen, the lower the contrast ratio. To offer a balance between the two, most people position the projector about halfway between its range. Since I have a high-gain screen, the brightness isn't an issue, so I place it farther back to take advantage of greater contrast.

If I were to buy a projector now, I would probably get the Epson 6500. I think that is significantly better than the Panasonic 3000 or the Sony 10 and probably the best 1080 projector at its price point. I'm sure the RS20 is better than the Epson, but at over twice the price, I really couldn't justify it.

My first row of seating is about 11-12 feet back from the 106" screen and my second row is about 17 feet back. The projector is shelf mounted right behind the second row of seats -- about 5.5 feet from the floor and centered horizontally on the screen.

Hope that's helpful. Regards,
post #376 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Despite all of the posts agreeing that these shots are just for fun, and that you should not use them to judge picture quality of a title, much less compare projectors, you go and make a post like this?

I don't get it.

I agree. I would NEVER use screenshots taken by a camera to make any equipment or movie judgments. There's just too many variables. The main differences you see in various photographs probably reflect more on how the pictures were taken rather than how good the PQ was in the movie.

I have tweaked my photography as best I know how, but I would say the images I post only reflect about 90% accuracy. Actually, the images on the screen are BETTER than the photographs can show. If someone takes a photograph with some ambient light or without a timer or tripod, the image may only be 70% accurate, and so forth. So, it's true that you really must take screenshots with a grain of salt.

With that said . . . my screenshots are not manipulated by Photoshop except for re-sizing and I would estimate that what I post here is approximately 90% accurate from what I'm seeing on my screen. That's as close as I can get. The two main shortfalls -- which I cannot correct with my current camera -- are slightly off colors and shadow detail. Of course all of that is out the window if your monitor is not calibrated correctly -- which is yet another variable.
post #377 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well said Ric.

I had to adjust the white balance in every shot I took of Sin City. They were coming out far too blue. I did shoot in RAW, so the adjustment was easy to do, but was definitely required.

If I had posted those shots without correcting the WB, they would have been very different that what I was seeing on my screen.

Oh, and Luis is right about the camera itself doing it's own processing when not in RAW, including sharpening.
post #378 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

your screenshots are amazing...I'd say, the sharpest on here (with apologies to the others). This is surprising, considering how many higher-priced ones are on display in this forum, but I imagine price isn't everything.

dave

I appreciate the compliment, but let me address sharpness for a second. I would say the Epson 1080UB projector has "average" sharpness for an LCD projector. It also has a slight convergence issue and color uniformity issue -- all of which actually makes it less sharp than it could be.

So, why are the screenshots sharp? It's all in the process of taking the photos. First, I am VERY picky about what I photograph. I only choose the "best" images on screen. I pause the image and then use the forward key to step one frame at a time until I get the sharpest frame. I have the camera on a tripod and I use a timer so there is absolutely no movement of the equipment. There is no ambient light. I take on average about 50 photographs of various scenes -- each with the same method. Afterward, I narrow it down even more by sorting through the 50 photographs and choosing 10-15 to post. The result is the best looking and sharpest photographs I can possibly get. So, in a sense, I'm only posting the "best" of the images which does not realistically reflect the image quality of the movie as a whole.
post #379 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well said Ric.

I had to adjust the white balance in every shot I took of Sin City. They were coming out far too blue. I did shoot in RAW, so the adjustment was easy to do, but was definitely required.

If I had posted those shots without correcting the WB, they would have been very different that what I was seeing on my screen.

Oh, and Luis is right about the camera itself doing it's own processing when not in RAW, including sharpening.

I wish I could shoot in RAW. My camera is rather cheap. I think the goal is to get the screenshots to look as close to what is actually seen on the screen. Sadly, my camera (and me) are not capable of fully doing that . I have spent hours and hours of camera adjustments and tweaking just to get about 90% there. That's as close as I can get. If I compare a screenshot to the actual image on my screen, it's not quite as good. The shot on the screen has more accurate colors and better shadow detail (which drives me crazy). But there's nothing more I can do. I guess I should be thankful I have gotten as close as I have.
post #380 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

At some point I figured all I could do is take lots of shots and then hope some are usable. :-)

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #381 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Blu-ray Movie Title:[/b] Spider-man 2

Overall Picture Quality Rating: Excellent 4.5/5

post #382 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So, why are the screenshots sharp? It's all in the process of taking the photos. First, I am VERY picky about what I photograph. I only choose the "best" images on screen. I pause the image and then use the forward key to step one frame at a time until I get the sharpest frame. I have the camera on a tripod and I use a timer so there is absolutely no movement of the equipment. There is no ambient light. I take on average about 50 photographs of various scenes -- each with the same method. Afterward, I narrow it down even more by sorting through the 50 photographs and choosing 10-15 to post. The result is the best looking and sharp photographs can I can possible get. So, in a sense, I'm only posting the "best" of the images which does not realistically reflect the image quality of the movie as a whole.

Wow, your procedure is extremely close to mine. I also use the step key in order to get an image that is still as possible, as those will be the sharpest. Motion at 24 fps will blur and look out of focus rather easily. A tripod is an absolute requirement, and I also use the self timer.

Quote:

I wish I could shoot in RAW. My camera is rather cheap. I think the goal is to get the screenshots to look as close to what is actually seen on the screen. Sadly, my camera (and me) are not capable of fully doing that . I have spent hours and hours of camera adjustments and tweaking just to get about 90% there. That's as close as I can get. If I compare a screenshot to the actual image on my screen, it's not quite as good. The shot on the screen has more accurate colors and better shadow detail (which drives me crazy). But there's nothing more I can do. I guess I should be thankful I have gotten as close as I have.

What camera are you using? I have a new Nikon D700, as well as a new Mac, so I have been wanting to process some RAW files to see how the new combo worked (photoshop was very slow with RAW files on my old PC). This thread seemed to be a perfect opportunity to put them both to use.
post #383 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Blu-ray Movie Title:[/b] 10,000 BC

Overall Picture Quality Rating: Excellent 4.5/5

post #384 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 PM

ricwhite, they are awesome!! Thanks for postings them..
post #385 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't get it.

Rob, need I remind you that I posted that I was a "novice" when it comes to projectors. Some of us come to forums like these and may make observations that are wrong or on the wrong track. I don't have the experience in this arena that you do, so it doesn't serve anyone any good with derisive comments.

I simply noted that the screenshots of his Epson seemed as good, if not better than the other pj shots I had seen. That doesn't mean I am going out to buy an Epson on sight. Just an observation.

I plan to do a lot of research before I find out which projector works for me. Keep in mind, in the world of home theater, there's an awful lot of misinformation. So, the more I can learn, the better. But complaining about my posts, while I am simply trying to find out stuff like this, does no one any good.
post #386 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nice fun thread like the one in the other forum and reading this kind of threads sometimes becomes very interesting. Apparently a simple fun thread of screenshots but sometimes people do carried away doing comparisons. Though the disclaimers regarding real images and camera images, different factors involved etc are always discussed again and again the comparisons still make their way.

I always blv that screenshots are more fun and some can take good shots that are close to what they see and some cannot. I have seen many posters here like ricwhite, Luis and many others who can really take good photopgraphs and their images which are close to what they see though the real images are better. Like I have seen a Infocus 7210 which Luis has well - awesome machine. You dont need screenshot to judge its quality. Posters like Luis and ricwhite and many others including me do post many screenshots not to make a point or to show that they have a much superior product but it is more of fun and sometimes it becomes a hobby of capturing as close to what we see and we post these shots. Similarly JVC PJs and other premium PJ do produce a better picture than budget or mid range models so judging them from screenshots will be a bad idea.

Like ricwhite, tom, Luis and others I also take many screenshot and then discard 90% of those as most do not turn out good. I only post shots that appear best in real from the PJ and my camera captures it quite close to what I see (80-90%). I do not use any photo processing software (no skills either. Use Picasa or Irfanview to download and resize) and know my camera limitations very well hence discard most images.

Enough said. I own a Infocus IN80 (new Infocus 1080p PJ) and just though of sharing few of my screenshots here only for fun....My camera adds a hint of pink that you may may notice in some shots. Don't know how to get rid of that. Enjoy and keep posting such wonderful shots.

From HD Demo files - Film Gamma BC On

Film Gamma BC Off

Some from movies in Blu Ray

post #387 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I appreciate the compliment, but let me address sharpness for a second. I would say the Epson 1080UB projector has "average" sharpness for an LCD projector. It also has a slight convergence issue and color uniformity issue -- all of which actually makes it less sharp than it could be.

So, why are the screenshots sharp? It's all in the process of taking the photos. First, I am VERY picky about what I photograph. I only choose the "best" images on screen. I pause the image and then use the forward key to step one frame at a time until I get the sharpest frame. I have the camera on a tripod and I use a timer so there is absolutely no movement of the equipment. There is no ambient light. I take on average about 50 photographs of various scenes -- each with the same method. Afterward, I narrow it down even more by sorting through the 50 photographs and choosing 10-15 to post. The result is the best looking and sharpest photographs I can possibly get. So, in a sense, I'm only posting the "best" of the images which does not realistically reflect the image quality of the movie as a whole.

Ric, again...thanks for the feedback. I am moving from the world of plasma and LCD into projectors, so just starting to discover what they're all about. The only experience I have recently with looking at projectors in a retail setting, I was not impressed. There was an awful lot of what looked like "Silk Screen Effect", a shimmering effect similar to a Sony LcOS 60"er I had a coupla years back. I have not seen any of the 1080p projectors in person, but that will soon change. This was a couple of years ago.

A friend of mine whom I occasionally get to see does have a projector, but his room actually has a good deal of ambient light. I was pleasantly surprised how impressive the picture was, despite the light. My biggest challenge will be trying to duplicate my light situation in a retail environment. How are you supposed to replicate your own lighting situation when you can't test something out at home? It seems a bit of a crapshoot. You're just going by what you see in the store, and with their own, individualized setup....one that surely is better set-up than the one you have at home. It can be pretty confusing.

Also, the price point is a bit confusing. How much of a tangible difference is there really between a projector that is 4K and one that is 20K?

Thanks again Ric for your insight. I have been reading as many posts on AVS as I can about projectors and I imagine I will be a lot more informed as I go along.

Take care...
post #388 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 07:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Rob, need I remind you that I posted that I was a "novice" when it comes to projectors. Some of us come to forums like these and may make observations that are wrong or on the wrong track. I don't have the experience in this arena that you do, so it doesn't serve anyone any good with derisive comments.

It has nothing to do with being a "novice". It has to do with reading the thread. There were several posts made just before your comments cautioning readers to NOT take these screenshots seriously in terms of doing a PQ evaluation of a movie or, especially a projector, but you proceeded to do just that.

If those posts hadn't just been made, I would not have responded the way that I did. Given that they were, and given your post, I think my response was quite appropriate.

Quote:

I simply noted that the screenshots of his Epson seemed as good, if not better than the other pj shots I had seen.

That's just the point! You can't make that conclusion based on these screen caps.

Quote:

That doesn't mean I am going out to buy an Epson on sight. Just an observation.

It's an observation that has no merit.

Quote:

I plan to do a lot of research before I find out which projector works for me. Keep in mind, in the world of home theater, there's an awful lot of misinformation. So, the more I can learn, the better. But complaining about my posts, while I am simply trying to find out stuff like this, does no one any good.

I disagree. I think this is a perfect example of doing you a LOT of good, because you will hopefully no longer make the mistake of relying on screen shots to make any kind of comparison whatsoever between PJ's.

Like you say, there is a lot of misinformation out there. Keep reading, keep asking questions, and try to see pj's in person yourself if at all possible (sadly this seems to be getting more and more difficult to do).

Reading various projector threads here and comments by owners can be helpful. It was invaluable to me in purchasing my last two pj's.

Good luck with your search, and have fun in the process. Once you go with a front projection system, you will never go back to a tiny 60 incher again!
post #389 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ric, again...thanks for the feedback. I am moving from the world of plasma and LCD into projectors, so just starting to discover what they're all about. The only experience I have recently with looking at projectors in a retail setting, I was not impressed. There was an awful lot of what looked like "Silk Screen Effect", a shimmering effect similar to a Sony LcOS 60"er I had a coupla years back. I have not seen any of the 1080p projectors in person, but that will soon change. This was a couple of years ago.

A friend of mine whom I occasionally get to see does have a projector, but his room actually has a good deal of ambient light. I was pleasantly surprised how impressive the picture was, despite the light. My biggest challenge will be trying to duplicate my light situation in a retail environment. How are you supposed to replicate your own lighting situation when you can't test something out at home? It seems a bit of a crapshoot. You're just going by what you see in the store, and with their own, individualized setup....one that surely is better set-up than the one you have at home. It can be pretty confusing.

Also, the price point is a bit confusing. How much of a tangible difference is there really between a projector that is 4K and one that is 20K?

Thanks again Ric for your insight. I have been reading as many posts on AVS as I can about projectors and I imagine I will be a lot more informed as I go along.

Take care...

These forums are a great place to learn about theater equipment. Don't let anyone discourage you from making observations and asking questions. I was in your very shoes about seven years ago regarding projectors and other theater equipment. I have owned three projectors since then. None of them I was actually able to "view" in person before buying. My purchases were based solely professional reviews and mainly on forum information from users. VERY helpful.

Some will say it's important to actually "view" the projectors in store, but I somewhat disagree. Just like you said, it's impossible to replicate a good viewing environment. Also, projectors in stores are often calibrated very poorly. It's very difficult to get a consistent and objective viewing experience between the different projectors. Also, it is often very difficult to FIND certain projectors that are being demoed (at least where I live).

I found the BEST way to determine the correct projector is by reading reviews and reading posts by users on the forums. If I were you, I would certainly frequent the "projector" forums to read what people are saying. Certain projector sites review new projectors and give their impressions about which are best.

If you spend $6-10K on a projector it will likely be 10-15% better than an excellent $2-4K projector. The question you'll need to answer is whether that additional 10-15% improvement is worth double the price.
post #390 of 3000 Old 12-22-2008, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

can someone here in the south florida area please come over with their camera (and photography expertise) so i can show off my setup?

thanks!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page