Cable splitter question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have Comcast analog cable service, but for whenever I switchover to digital service I have a question about On Demand/pay per view etc.

I just installed a 4 way amp/splitter that allows a return path signal, but what about other (non amp)splitters? I have some old RCA 2 & 4 way splitters. Do they allow a return path signal? I've seen splitters being sold for satellite that state they have a return path, so I was wondering if an old RCA 2 way splitter would work with On Demand etc...
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by csaag View Post

I just installed a 4 way amp/splitter that allows a return path signal, but what about other (non amp)splitters? I have some old RCA 2 & 4 way splitters. Do they allow a return path signal? I've seen splitters being sold for satellite that state they have a return path, so I was wondering if an old RCA 2 way splitter would work with On Demand etc...
thanks

Some splitters are "bi-directional" and some are not. My gut says that if the splitter is not clearly marked bi-directional, it is not. And since you are using some old splitters as well, make sure they will pass the frequencies you need. Over-the-air requires about 900 MHz, DSS higher. Cable systems vary but all will be less than 900 MHz.

CA GUY
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
All splitters are "bi-directional", the critical part is their pass band. 5 - 1000 Mhz is what you should be using.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page