EV's Recommended & Top Rated DTV Indoor UHF/VHF Set Top Antenna Review Round-Up Guide - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post

golinux, Should I downsize them to the smaller size, I asked that question earlier. I have a choice between 640x480 and 320x240. The smaller photos are 320 and the larger 640.

I can also ask Seatac to edit his posts and stop duplicating pics. Im sure he wouldnt mind.

640x480 is about 200kb to 250kb, 320x240 is about half that, I think.

Why do you only have those two choices? You should be able to make them any size you want.

You don't necessarily need to change the DIMENSIONS. Just save at a slightly lower QUALITY (save for web is best). Or post a thumbnail linked to the full photo.

Just so you know it can be done, look at some of these photos on one of the sites I maintain. (You can drill down to what interests you.) Most of them are under 100px and very user friendly.

NOTE: If you post a large file and through the html or CSS ask it to display at a smaller size, THE ORIGINAL FILE WILL STILL BE LOADED. In other words changing the on-screen size via code does NOT change the file size that the browser loads.

Sorry if you already know this - not trying to be a PITA.

And yes, not duplicating pics would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

if you don't have Photoshop, you could run GIMP off a live Linux disk and save your edits to a flash drive.

You could also check out IrfanView. It's been so long since I've been in Windoze, I kinda forget what else is out there.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

It pretty much bombed here. Signal strength much lower than the DB2 and it broke up a lot. Back to the store.

Now that I got the Zenith DTT 901, I'm not getting any breakups with the amped DB2. I'm soooo happy! All I'm missing (possibly) is a DTVPal (for the timer).
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I uploaded Web Optimized pics to Photobucket.

Please check it out to see if its better. The pic size is 50k +/- 20k, now.

And I learned yet antoher thing today. Optimizing photos for web! Cha-ching!

Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Samsung 51F8500 Plasma / Vizio M422i LCD / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Vizio VP322 Plasma
Sony S790 BD / Panasonic BDT220 BD / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / PlayStation 3
Oppo 983H Anchor Bay VRS / Denon 2930CI Silicon Optix Reon / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis / Oppo 970HD Mediatek
Panasonic LX-900 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS
Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

RCA ANT1020

I like this basic unamped RE & Loop. It performed similar to the RS 1868 Delta, with similarly pleasing aesthetics. The VHF Rabbit Ears rotate 360 degrees in altitude and azimuth. It has a permanently attached unshielded coax cable like the RCA ANT110. Im moving them above the Philips MANT510 and RCA ANT1500 as I have determined them to be bringing in more stations. Also adding the CM4220 to the list in its outdoor position and indoor position. The CM4220 and the DB2 were too close to call on the roof, mainly because I have tree problems that scatter the signals during winds, but I think the CM4220 gave me better performance on my 2 weakest Charleston channels.

Performance rankings.....based on EV's observations....Rough Guide

Channel Master 4220 with CM 7777 amp on roof
DB2 with Channel Master 7777 amp on roof
RS 1880
RCA ANT1500 amped
RS DA-5200
DB2 unamped indoors
Classic Single Bow Tie
Channel Master 4220 unamped indoors
Winegard SS-3000
RCA ANT108 (very similar to the RCA ANT110 and the Philips MANT110 and others)
Channel Master 4030
Philips MANT940
My First Attempt at the Coat Hanger Antenna, Youtube Video Specifications.... amped
RS 1868 Delta
RCA ANT1020
RCA ANT1500
Philips MANT 510
My First Attempt at the Coat Hanger Antenna, Youtube Video Specifications
RS 1870

Samsung 51F8500 Plasma / Vizio M422i LCD / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Vizio VP322 Plasma
Oppo 983H Anchor Bay VRS / Denon 2930CI Silicon Optix Reon / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis / Oppo 970HD Mediatek
Old 06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I uploaded Web Optimized pics to Photobucket.

Great!

Quote:

Please check it out to see if its better. The pic size is 50k +/- 20k, now.

Much better. Thanks.

Quote:

And I learned yet another thing today. Optimizing photos for web! Cha-ching!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I looking for a free web image optimizer now golinux.

If you're using Windows XP, you can download the Image Resizer Power Toy from Microsoft. It works very well. Usually, reduces images to like 10k or less. I use it when I have to scan images to imbed in mp3 files.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Rick.

Performance Chart added to the front page. Will update regularly. Edited Table of Contents. Added link to Antenna Basics page that is hard to find on the HDTVprimer website. Added simplified indoor antenna gain chart from HDTV primer.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
EV: have you been able to evaluate the Terk TV1?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Not yet, it hasnt been delivered yet.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Radio Shack RS 15-1892 - The UFO

aka The Magic Mushroom, The Starship Enterprise, The Frisbee

This thing is GREAT! The geek factor is high on this one! LOL! Its freakin sweet! Its like a Smart Antenna without the tuner control interface.

I bought this one used....and it came with everthing but the instructions. Undaunted, i hooked it up, and found that I could set the channels and move the rotating antenna within the disc and set the positions and gain, pretty intuitively. I later downloaded and printed instructions in order to write this mini review. This one will be longer than others. Although I only have basically 2 different tower locations, this thing rocked, and would be 10 times more useful if I had more tower directions. Non the less, it was useful at my location....and performed excellently. This one was too close to call really with DB2 unamped, RS DA-5200, and the amped RCA ANT1500. Its got a nice backlit LCD readout for the Channel #, Direction #(kinda arbitrary), and Gain Level #. You can choose between 3 gain levels, 1-2-3, or Low-Medium-High, corresponding (according to the manual) to 13db Min, 18db Min, and 22db Min amplifier levels. I tried this out but ended up setting all my channels to high gain for no particular reason other than "let's go full blast...Warp Speed!" There are 12 selectable positions for the antenna within its disc. There are Plus and Minus buttons on the remote which change the gain level. There are also Left and Right arrow buttons that change the direction of the antenna within its disc. Additionally, there is a press and hold button to turn off the LED display backlight, and a number pad to input channels. The remote is pretty small, but fairly simple to operate. All the buttons are the same size, and its not backlit, and its kind of hard to read...but the layout is simple enough, and the buttons large enough to operate. There is one more large button on the remote with the label Store, for storing a group of settings for an individual channel once you have it set up in the right direction and gain for best signal on that particular channel. One thing to note is that when the antenna moves, the motor is audible, but not obnoxiously loud. Kinda reassuring actually, you can hear that its working. On the back there is a 75ohm coax output hookup and an Aux input, and a switch to choose between the antenna and the Aux input....plus the power input, comes with wall wart and 6ft of detachable coax, plus remote, and guide booklet. It has 2 telescoping Rabbit Ears that are adjustable but limited in motion by the disc. I didnt really test them out....nor any of the other units really. They are for VHF reception. This unit does not have an FM Trap, and can be used as an FM antenna via its Rabbit Ears. The disc measures slightly over 12", its a pretty large antenna. There are Left Right Arrow buttons for changing the antenna position within the disc, and Plus and Minus buttons for adjusting the gain on the front of the antenna left and right of the LCD info panel, plus the push and hold button for turning off the LCD backlight.

Performance.

I only tested this unit on top of the Oppo 970 DVD player, it didnt make it to the North corner window like the RS Single Bow Tie and the amped RCA ANT1500 and some others did. It worked pretty good, from my original positioning. But later, after I figured out the remote and operation, I moved it some, but still on top of the Oppo to optimize its performance. I found that all my Charleston channels that are clustered tightly to the North East at 45 miles worked best on postion 8 and slightly worse on postion 7 and 9....and my alternate PBS station at 23 miles SW worked best at position 1 or 12....I probably could have centered its performance on one or the other by twisting the unit slightly clockwise or counter clockwise. With a little tweaking, I had this thing running the board on all my channels, but it seemed that the signal strength may have been a little less than the RS DA-5200. My Vizio GV42LF LCD doesnt have signal strength bars....that is why I havent been reporting them.

How to set the antenna for a channel?

This is how I did it. I first changed to the desired channel on the Vizio TV. Then I entered the corresponding channel # on the remote which was then indicated on The UFO's LCD screen, in order to set the antenna direction and gain settings to maximize its performance on that channel. Then I moved the antenna direction with the Left and Right Arrows all the way from position 1 thru 12, it became obvious when the reception locked on. Lets say that channel 8 and 7 seemed like the best candidates from the quick run thru the positions. Then I moved up to 9 to check, and it still worked but with pixelation and dropouts. Back to 8 then on to 7 then 6...oops getting worse again. A/B 7 and 8, physically twist or move the unit if you need to, and there you have it. Position 8. Then check the gain level. Boom you are finished. Push and hold the store button, the info on the panel starts blinking, then press the store button again, and its set. You may have to adjust the gain earlier, if you are overloading your tuner. I cant comment on the effectiveness of the gain adjustment.

None the less...

Pretty geekin' sweet! Beam me up Scotty!

Here is a link to the UFO on Radio Shacks Website, where you can read user reviews and link to the manual in pdf format.

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-buy-the...i-2131034.html

eidt: The manual states that there are 99 channel presets available, Ch. 0-99.

RS 1880
RCA ANT1500 amped
RS DA-5200
RS 15-1892 UFO
DB2 unamped indoors
Classic Single Bow Tie
Winegard SS-3000
Channel Master 4030
Philips MANT940
My First Attempt at the Coat Hanger Antenna, Youtube Video Specifications.... amped
RS 1868 Delta
RCA ANT1020
RCA ANT1500
Philips MANT 510
My First Attempt at the Coat Hanger Antenna, Youtube Video Specifications
RS 1870

Old 06-27-2008, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow... the Radio Shack antennas are really doing you nicely...

Can you provide info on how many channels / signal strength you were getting with the 15-1868 and the 15-1892 UFO?

Also, did you have to constantly adjust the UFO to pull in channels, or did you find a good all-in-one spot?

(I'm interested in the UFO for perhaps fixing our bedroom antenna's problem... but I'm also curious as to how the relatively cheap 1868 did too)
Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Liked: 10
First glance at this thread makes me want to read it over and over ! thanks.

1 important point I believe that all indoor antenna for VHF are very nearly all going to
be rabbit ear type with or without an amplifier. Is this right?

IF so could we get some 'best settings ' advice for setting them?

I've played with mine for so long my ears are getting furry and I;m growing a tail.

Nothign seems to be better than anything else. I figure Ill have to go outside but
the 1 station is only 25 miles away and it seems I should be seeing it very well.

Advice?

Thanks. Now to read and learn.

Retired at 45 to learn how.
Interests solar, battery packs and electric vehicles, medicine, chemistry, solid state electronics, and most sciences.

Anyime you need a hand or answerjusu ask.
Andy
Old 06-27-2008, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 38
When I took mine back, the clerks at Radio Shack were surprised.  They'd never heard of anyone's being unhappy with it before.

It turned out that my problems were not the fault of the antenna anyway, but I didn't know it at the time and was buying and returning antennas like nobody's business.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey, mosaic. I am still working on the comments. I dont have a signal strength meter on my Vizio GV42LF, cant report.

No, I didnt have to constantly adjust the UFO.

Ill do a write up on the 1868, maybe tommorrow.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey MS DOS, glad you like it! :thumbsup

Im working on an aiming the Rabbit Ears tips section. Hadnt gotten to it yet. But on page 4 or 5ish of this thread, I found a site and posted a link to it about that topic. And deltaguy and johnied discussed it a little bit.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:09 PM

Antennas make me want to smack myself with how random they seem to be (and how the tuner you're using and the room you're in have such huge effects)...

... so, I found a cheapie RCA amp today at Meijer. The 10db VH100. $15. I'm sure it's not the "quietest" amp out there...

... anyway, I hook it up to the RCA ANT120b rabbit ears / loop in the bedroom and it doesn't help whatsoever. The signal strength went down. HOWEVER, I took the same combo out into the living room, placed the antenna on the window ledge, and hooked it up to the Zenith box out there...

... and my jaw dropped. The cheapie loop and amp OUTPERFORMS the Philips PHDTV3 Silver Sensor we were using in the living room.

I can't believe it.

Not to hugely dis the Silver Sensor. It works great. It's just the bottom-dollar antenna and cheapie-amp in tandem work slightly better.

Of course, they and the Silver Sensor only work that beautifully in the living room, where we didn't really need to boost anything.

Now I'm thinking, take back the PHDTV3 and try the UFO in the bedroom... different room, different ball o' wax.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golinux View Post

It pretty much bombed here. Signal strength much lower than the DB2 and it broke up a lot. Back to the store.

Now that I got the Zenith DTT 901, I'm not getting any breakups with the amped DB2. I'm soooo happy! All I'm missing (possibly) is a DTVPal (for the timer).

Sorry and glad to hear that golinux. Thanks for the help with the Web Optimization!

Added Digital Dude Video to the front page. The RE & Loop section needs to be re-written badly. I shall endevour to do that.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

LOL!

Ill add a pic of the remote with the RS UFO tommorrow. Meanwhile here is another review of the RS UFO with nice pics. Ill check on the directionality of the UFO also.....it seemed directional to me....dont know what this fellow is on about.

Review: Radioshack 15-1892: Indoor Antenna w/ RF Remote from the Missing Remote

Old 06-28-2008, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

I tried this out but ended up setting all my channels to high gain for no particular reason other than "let's go full blast...Warp Speed!"

....and in case of extreme emergency, ship and saucer independently separate....

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
Old 06-28-2008, 08:22 AM
rdn
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Tested 3 units quickly tonight. RCA ANT1500, RS DA-5200, Philips MANT940

Philips MANT940's mounting system while a bit more complicated than the RS DA-5200 (3 pieces not including the antenna box) is versatile and very usable, however it didnt have the heft or simplicity of the RS DA-5200 unit, and it is all plasticky plastic. It came with the longest run of coax, and good instruction booklet, pretty good accessory kit like the RS 5200. Its amplifier was not as strong, or perhaps just a good bit more noisy(probably both) as the RS unit's amp, and instead of having 2 threaded inputs for coax to the antenna and the tuner/tv, it had one for incoming from the antenna, but a 4" coax lead out to the tuner/tv.....not an ideal situation similar to the attached cable of the RCA ANT1500....especially since you want to mount the amp towards the antenna, not the tv/tuner. Its performance was non existent without an amplifier(23 mile PBS station), and with its amplifier, it came in second above the unamped RCA unit for digital picking up a couple of 45 mile stations, but came in third for analog UHF with really dismal analog UHF performance compared to the other 2.

I hooked up the Philips amplifier to the RS DA-5200 and it bettered the Philips MANT940 with same amplifier, leading me to the conclusion that the RS DA-5200 unit has a better antenna box, too.

I haven't actually taken it apart to look, but I think that the device with the short coax lead is a power inserter, not the amplifier itself. I'm pretty sure the amp is inside the antenna assembly. It looks very similar to the power inserter I have for a standalone RS amplifier. This is located near the receiver and the DC voltage is fed through the coax to the amp.

Bob
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hmmmm......there is a distinct probability that you are correct. That would explain why the RS DA-5200 did better hooked up to it than the Philips, and why the "amped" versions of the Single Bow Tie and Delta didnt do much.

I shall edit and add comments to that post and the front page. I shall also look to get an amplifier to use in my testing.

Thanks for the input rdh.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Terk TV-55 review found on the Net. I got a low level encryption warning on that page, so Ive duplicated the entire review here, just in case.

Quote:

Product Review (December 2002)
Terk TV55 VHF/UHF/Digital Terrestrial Antenna System

When I was growing up, everyone in my neighborhood had an old-fashioned antenna on their roof. There were no exceptions. Then suddenly cable television took over and the rooftop antennas slowly began to disappear. After all, who needs to receive local channels over the air when you have local broadcasts on both cable and satellite? Well today, if you want to watch local high-definition television in your area, you'll need a good old-fashion antennas or an innovative high-tech design like the one offered by Terk Technologies. The latest Terk TV55 is a compact VHF/UHF antenna capable of receiving analog and the latest standard and high-definition digital programming. Here in Los Angeles we have practically every major station broadcasting digitally and many of those stations are in high-definition during primetime. The TV55 has an operational bandwidth of 54MHz to 806MHz and covers the full spectrum of the conventional antennas found on roofs decades ago. An inline amplifier has a gain of 10dB for weak signals and a bypass mode for the stronger signals.

The TV55 has a durable silicone-sealed weatherproof housing suitable for either indoor or outdoor installations. The design of this antenna is quite unique with an oval cross section and round ends. The unit's length is almost 4 feet and comes with a large assortment of accessories. Both wall and window ledge mounting hardware is included as well as mast hardware (mast not included) for mounting on a 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 diameter mast. The helical coils used inside of the TV55 allow for a more compact design by using wire winding to simulate a larger antenna.

Performance
Our location has a good line-of-sight to Mount Wilson where most of the transmission towers are located in the Los Angeles area. We just happen to be elevated above the clutter of homes between us and the transmitting stations. We mounted the TV55 horizontally, facing the location of the towers. We tried to set the height to be similar to an attic installation just above the lower roof-line. The results were interesting and surprisingly good for the Terk TV55.

The comparison chart show the TV55 amplified and unamplified. We used a Sencore SL754D Signal Level Meter to take readings of all of the usable channels here in Los Angeles. Based on readings from our meter, hum increased significantly when using the amplifier assembly in the video path. This may have been due to the power adapter that plugs into the wall. We were still able to pull a strong signal from the antenna without the amplifier installed and preferred this configuration for our setup. We found that all digital channels worked perfectly with the TV55 and we saw no dropouts from our location. Analog channels appeared to be strong, but did require some fine tuning to get an optimal signal. Ideally, the TV55 would benefit from a rotor to pinpoint the position of the unit.

Conclusion
Negotiating a large antenna can be cumbersome, especially if you are mounting it in the attic. Terk offers an alternative to the conventional large antenna design with their TV55. The performance we measured with this unit was amazingly good given its size. The physical design is simple and easy to install with a variety of mounting options. The weatherproof housing ensures long-term reliability by preventing moisture build-up and premature corrosion. The retail cost of the TV55 is just under $100 and provides comparable performance to the much larger conventional antennas that are similar in price. If you've been considering installing a new HDTV antenna and you have space limitations, the TV55 has the potential to provide you with a great signal for your new standard or high-definition receiver. The experience we had with this new antenna design far surpassed our expectations.

- Kevin Nakano

Old 06-28-2008, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

An Antenna is an Antenna, Right?

By Jim Burns • January, 2000

Home Theatre Magazine

Our DTV guru loads up three antennas and drives around Chicago to see how they behave.

Antennas are cool! Over-the-air analog- and digital-TV broadcast signals are the best-looking broadcast signals that I have going into my home theater system. Digital satellite can be good from time to time, but cable? Forget about it! The only problem with over-the-air signals is that the science of installing and picking antennas for good TV reception is all but lost. We haven't had any reason to put up antennas until digital TV came along, except for maybe the pure pleasure of telling your cable company to take a hike.

Terk HDTV60 VHF/UHF HDTV/DTV

Channel Master StealthTenna 3010 VHF/UHF HDTV/DTV

Channel Master Magnadyne Yagi UHF

http://www.hometheatermag.com/accessories/7/index2.html

Old 06-28-2008, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Alright folks. Fess up time. EV made some egregious errors. First of all, EV ELECTRIFIED the RS Delta, RS Single Bow Tie, Youtube Quad Bow Tie, and last but not least, the RCA ANT1500. Bob was right! Thanks Bob.

Furthermore, EV didnt get good contact with the balun in his First Attempt at making a Youtube Quad Bow Tie. I just figured this out when I inspected it a while ago. I re-did the balun and re adjusted all the bows and feedline, snugged everything up and it did much better when I tried it again.

Strangley, the ELECTRIFIED RCA ANT1500, really did seem to like being electrified....Im gonna let that one stand for now, until I get another amp.

I also really need to get out the Winegard SS-3000 and give it another run down. Its been awhile.

Here is the reworked performance rankings. Im also gonna put bolded edits at the bottom of the RCA ANT1500, Philips MANT940, and RS DA-5200 tri-review and rework the front page on the MANT940.

Please forgive my ignorance, incompetence and stupidity.

RS 1880
RCA ANT1500 "electrified"
RS DA-5200
RS 15-1892 UFO
DB2 unamped indoors
Classic Single Bow Tie
Winegard SS-3000
My First Attempt at the Coat Hanger Antenna, Youtube Video Specifications unamped
Channel Master 4030
Philips MANT940
RS 1868 Delta
RCA ANT1020
RCA ANT1500
Philips MANT 510
Jensen TV-931
RS 1870

Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Alright folks. Fess up time. EV made some eggregrious errors. Please forgive my ignorance, incompetence and stupidity.

Don't beat yourself up! It's a learning experience. I applaud your candor in admitting your mistakes. Big surprise, you're human.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Terk HDTVa

This is a very nice looking unit. Great fit and finish, build quality. This one is weightier in the base than I imagined. It comes with a wall wart for power. The 6ft coax cable looks to be permanently attached. It comes in the box in 2 pieces, the base and the antenna section. Its a simple matter of inserting the antenna into the base and you are all set. VHF rabbit ear dipoles are attached to the base and they are adjustable, but limited in there motion somewhat by the base itself.

The performance on this was pretty good. It picked up most of my 45 mile Charleston tower cluster stations, the 3 weakest with heavy dropouts, but I only messed around with positioning a short time, only on the Oppo DVD player. I didnt make it to the North window. And it picked up the PBS alternate station 23 miles while pointing at Charleston but found that I needed to move it somewhat to lock it in....so it is pretty directional. My tree situation may be affecting this ones performance negatively, because of its high directionality. Ill try this one again tonight and see how it goes.

Very Nice.

RS 1880
RCA ANT1500 "electrified"
RS DA-5200
RS 15-1892 UFO
DB2 unamped indoors
Classic Single Bow Tie
Terk HDTVa
Winegard SS-3000
My First Attempt at the Coat Hanger Antenna, Youtube Video Specifications unamped
Channel Master 4030
Philips MANT940
RS 1868 Delta
RCA ANT1020
RCA ANT1500
Philips MANT 510
Jensen TV-931
RS 1870

Old 06-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4yqt View Post

I know these are 'old school' but they work very well. If you are really close to the transmitters, they will also work on VHF-Hi (7-13), too (at least they did for me).

Old school is not always bad. I've always been of the opinion that newer technology isn't necessarily better, it just costs more. Oh great, now I sound like a Suave commercial!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Rick.

ny4qt, those are some nice RS Double Bows!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Alright folks. Fess up time. EV made some eggregrious errors....

EV: Thank you very much for reporting your experiences with various indoor antennas and offering intelligent comparisons. Very, very few others have taken the time to make these comparisons. You are an intelligent human being who is keenly interested in high-performance home video, and your stories about various antennas are quite worthwhile.

Abundant thanks to you for your efforts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Terk Hdtva Indoor Amplified High Definition Antenna For Off Air Hdtv Reception , Terk Hdtvo Amplified Hdtv Antenna , Antennas Direct C2 Clearstream Television Antenna , Channel Master 3414 4 Outputs Distribution Amplifier , Eagle Aspen Dtv2buhf Directv 2 Bay Uhf Antenna , Terk Fdtv1a Flat Digital Omni Directional Amplified Indoor Antenna Black