Dish Network subscribers: Question about HD locals from Dish (I'm in Lubbock, TX) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-24-2008, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am a Dish Network subscriber and have a Vip722 along with a HD package. I recently noticed a new channel while browsing - Channel 075-00, HIDEF.

When I scroll to the channel, the title says, "New: HD Local Channels in Your Area". The description for the channel says, "Great News! Local channels in HD are now available in your area! Tune in to learn more about HD channels coming soon to your dishHD line-up!" Needless, to say I was pumped. I didn't know that Dish was getting locals in my area.

So, when I select that channel, I get a pop up "Attention - 743" message saying, "This program is not availble for viewing in your area. Select "OK" to go back, or select "Help" for more information". When I select "Help", I get another pop up message titled "Program Not Available" and the message says, "The program that you are trying to watch is blocked out in your area. This program may be available for viewing on you local channels, regional or sports networks."

So, I called Dish and the representative told me that I need another dish to get the local channels in HD. I said great, sign me up. I've been having problems with my OTA so I've been waiting for this day. We were almost done setting up the installation appointment, when he informed me that there are no HD locals in my area. I'm not sure why he just didn't let me know that from the start, but he obviously had no clue. I reminded him about the new channel I have informing me of local HD channels being available in my area and he basically said that he didn't know what to tell me.

So, does anyone with Dish Network have a similar experience? Is that channel just a to get us excited? If not, should I expect locals soon? Should I call Dish again?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasskey View Post

I am a Dish Network subscriber and have a Vip722 along with a HD package. I recently noticed a new channel while browsing - Channel 075-00, HIDEF.

When I scroll to the channel, the title says, "New: HD Local Channels in Your Area". The description for the channel says, "Great News! Local channels in HD are now available in your area! Tune in to learn more about HD channels coming soon to your dishHD line-up!" Needless, to say I was pumped. I didn't know that Dish was getting locals in my area.

So, when I select that channel, I get a pop up "Attention - 743" message saying, "This program is not availble for viewing in your area. Select "OK" to go back, or select "Help" for more information". When I select "Help", I get another pop up message titled "Program Not Available" and the message says, "The program that you are trying to watch is blocked out in your area. This program may be available for viewing on you local channels, regional or sports networks."

So, I called Dish and the representative told me that I need another dish to get the local channels in HD. I said great, sign me up. I've been having problems with my OTA so I've been waiting for this day. We were almost done setting up the installation appointment, when he informed me that there are no HD locals in my area. I'm not sure why he just didn't let me know that from the start, but he obviously had no clue. I reminded him about the new channel I have informing me of local HD channels being available in my area and he basically said that he didn't know what to tell me.

So, does anyone with Dish Network have a similar experience? Is that channel just a to get us excited? If not, should I expect locals soon? Should I call Dish again?

Thanks for the help.

Not sure whether that channel is "spot beamed" or not, but a lot of folks are seeing it. I'd call again as not all CSRs are created equal. You might ask for help in your local reception thread (or here) about resolving your OTA issues.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM

I have the same problem I got all the sport channels for the hopper and when I click on the games that are going on it saids"this program is not available for viewing in your area"
post #4 of 5 Old 06-28-2013, 07:19 PM

What did you end up doing to get the regional sports channels to work??
post #5 of 5 Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Y'all are replying to a 5-year-old thread.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Closed Thread HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page