IN LINE BULLET AMP Label Reversed? Need Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help. I am a retired electrical engineer so you would think I could figure this out, but I can't. This is the amplifier portion of a GE Model AV23241 10db in-line amplifier I just purchased on EBAY.

If anyone could please look at the attached photo and tell me if the arrows and description are correct, I would very much appreciate your help. I believe it is reversed and that the end labeled "To Power Injector" should say "To Ant" and vice versa. The instructions that came with it have diagrams that support my theory but it is still unclear. (interestingly, there is another label under the one shown that says "Emerson" but the rest of it peels off with the top label so I can't read it - things that make you go Hmmmm....)

Thanks in advance.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

post #3 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
The Radio Shack version has the label the same as the GE version posted by cavu, which is the opposite of the picture you posted. I believe you are correct and the unit you have is labeled wrong.

The extension on the end "To Ant" is a DC block.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #4 of 7 Old 07-04-2008, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks cavu and Ken H. Mine is definately opposite to the picture cavu posted and the Radio Shack version.

I'm wondering now if it is the label that has been reversed OR if it is possible that the ends have been unscrewed and switched. Considering these are all over EBAY for less that $10 including shipping, and mine is apparently part "GE" and part "EMERSON" makes me wonder if someone bought a big lot of parts and combined them. I guess I could just hook it up and see what happens.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 04:30 PM

I also purchased this Emerson unit through ebay. If the GE unit is labeled correctly you will need two extra fittings to connect to the antenna cable: a male to male from the cable to the bullet amplifier and a female to female to connect the amplifier to the power booster. As labeled in the smaerospace picture no extra fittings are needed. Is the direction of the amplifier critical?
post #6 of 7 Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by arealgnguy View Post

I also purchased this Emerson unit through ebay. If the GE unit is labeled correctly you will need two extra fittings to connect to the antenna cable: a male to male from the cable to the bullet amplifier and a female to female to connect the amplifier to the power booster. As labeled in the smaerospace picture no extra fittings are needed. Is the direction of the amplifier critical?

Yes.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #7 of 7 Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The label is right, someone just put the F-71 on the other end. The F-71 goes on the end labeled "To Antenna", and connects to the matching transformer on the antenna. Then, the coax from the amp down to the power injector, and on to the TV set(s).

CIAO!

Ed N.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page