Originally Posted by tizcan79
hi, just a quick question, i have a hisense db 2020 reciever with 2.7.15(2.4.18-15) system software. it seems to work fine picking up most channels. my question is what does the software upgrade do for my reciever? thx
You can read all the details of the release notes at:http://www.mediafire.com/dogleg69
A summary is:
2.9.5 - 2008-10-13
- Fix/Add magic sequences for people without orginal remote.
2.9.4 - 2008-08-07
- Add Timers (allows you to hook up a VCR or DVD-RW and change channels).
- Keep the EPG information upto date while box is off.
- Turn off automatic channel rescanning.
- Only get the time from the channel set in the Set up System Time UI.
2.9.3 - 2008-03-17
- Update the /usr/share/zoneinfo files with the new DST rules. Fixes the daylight saving time issue.
2.9.2 - 2008-01-29
- Expose the diagnostic, revert/toggle NAND flash and nightly update menus.
- Comment out the auto software update (therefore we shouldn't need the nighty update menu).
2.9.1 - 2006-05-22
Last known release before all of the USDTV engineers were let go because of bankrupcty. Do not know the difference between 2.7.15 (last offical release) and 2.9.1.
So, the main things are timers, fixing daylight savings time and keeping better system time.