Coax cable question and Paladin RG6-Quad Compression F Connectors on Tri-shield Coax? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A couple of questions. I am pretty sure my RG6-Quad compression connectors will not work on a tri-shield cable like the Belden 7915A - am I correct? I have a ton of Quad connectors and do not want to purchase the tri-shield along with new connectors until I know it will be worth it. I am running about 100' of coax from an OTA antenna on my roof into my basement then splitting it 3 ways. The runs after the split will be about 15', 25' and 50'. I would like to purchase the Home Dept - General Cable brand (p/n C5785) Quad cable and be done with it (because no shipping cost and already have the connectors) but I want to make sure it will be the 'right' thing to do. I want to do this once and do it right (but also want to save as much $ as possible). Is the Belden 7915A or higher quality RG6-Quad cable worth the $$$ difference? Thanks for any input.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobogus View Post

A couple of questions. I am pretty sure my RG6-Quad compression connectors will not work on a tri-shield cable like the Belden 7915A - am I correct? I have a ton of Quad connectors and do not want to purchase the tri-shield along with new connectors until I know it will be worth it. I am running about 100' of coax from an OTA antenna on my roof into my basement then splitting it 3 ways. The runs after the split will be about 15', 25' and 50'. I would like to purchase the Home Dept - General Cable brand (p/n C5785) Quad cable and be done with it (because no shipping cost and already have the connectors) but I want to make sure it will be the 'right' thing to do. I want to do this once and do it right (but also want to save as much $ as possible). Is the Belden 7915A or higher quality RG6-Quad cable worth the $$$ difference? Thanks for any input.

Pete

Get the cable from Home Depot. You already have the right type of fittings, and that is more important than the manufacturer of the cable. The attenuation isn't that drastically different between the various manufacturers.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page