Originally Posted by Jed1 TVGOS Analog Listings Download Schedule
Well, Jed, you know I get TVGOS V8 via cable for my Sony DVR. While the schedule is great, what do you observe when there is no download activity? Here is what I have found in the last 7 days:
6-4 Fri 100% guide & ads
6-5 Sat 100% guide & ads
6-6 Sun - No ads, day 8 empty
6-7 Mon - No ads, Sun empty, day 8 bad
6-8 Tue - Ads ok, Sun bad, Mon bad, day 8 99%
6-9 Wed - No ads, Sun bad, Mon bad, Tue ok, day 8 bad.
6-10 Thu - Ads ok, Sun 50%, mon 50%, Tue ok, Wed 90%, day 8 90%
bad/empty means "no listing", 90% means a lot of "no titles"
These observations are on a DHG doing nothing but using electricity parked on my analog host channel. Packets vary from 50/min to 200/min. All observations at 6:30am.
Is this happening on all your TVGOS devices?
If yes, then the problem is with either the inserter or at the source (Rovi).
If not, then the data on the offending device is corrupted. You have to do a full reset of the guide and start over.
Here is the procedure:
1. Tune to your TVGOS host channel.
2. Bring up your guide and go to setup on the top menu bar and then highlight "change systems settings". Do not select just highlight.
3. Enter 9 digit code 111222333 to clear out the reset info.
4. Arrow down to "change channel display" and then arrow back up to "change systems settings". Do not select just highlight.
5. Enter 9 digit code 653274147 and your guide should disapper and the unit should shut off automatically. If it doesn't, turn it off manually.
6. Leave it off for about 15 minutes then turn it back on and bring up the guide and verify that it has been reset and then turn the unit off and leave off for about twelve hours.
It is best to do all this before 10:31 pm because that is when the analog downloads start for the next day. Check about 10:00 am next day to see if you got your grid. If not shut it off and don't check until 7:00pm when the analog downloads end for the day.
You will not lose any of your recorded shows this way.