Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post

Thanks for the info, added to page 1. Your TVGOS version is not ATSC (DTV) compatible according to Mitsubishi, Gemstar and Macrovision. To get a firmware update, contact Mitsubishi support and ask for a firmware update to support digital TVGOS on your set.

Not sure if this is the information you want for item Number 3 (Link to Threads) or not, but here is a link for the Mitsubishi LT-46231. I will let you decide if this is correct.

Official Mitsubishi LT-46131 & LT-46231 (46" 1080p LCD) Owner / Discussion Thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=mitsubishi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

So I guess the real TVGOS support page no longer exists?

I had previously signed up (last summer/fall) and could get answers to questions - which they would even keep a record of, which was very convenient, but that page no longer seems to exist

And the only phone number I could find is for corporate customers...

Of course, I question whether the answers they gave were completely true when there was the support page...but now they just refer you to whoever made your unit, and they don't have answers either (I just tried LG with respect to my 3410a high-def receiver, and LG doesn't even PRETEND to know anything...they just PRETEND they will have an answer when they find out what the "government is going to do"...)

OTA only. For signal strength at your location: FCC DTV reception map
TVGOS data: Sony 250 from 5.1?, LG3410a from my DTVPal setup here, not any more.

post #213 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnstf View Post

I had previously signed up (last summer/fall) and could get answers to questions - which they would even keep a record of, which was very convenient, but that page no longer seems to exist

Of course, I question whether the answers they gave were completely true when there was the support page...but now they just refer you to whoever made your unit, and they don't have answers either (I just tried LG with respect to my 3410a high-def receiver, and LG doesn't even PRETEND to know anything...they just PRETEND they will have an answer when they find out what the "government is going to do"...)

Try this:
http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...r/acct_new.php

I just checked and this link still works! They have been helping me via email (well, sort of ) for a couple months now. They also returned my call when I left a message at the "corporate" number. Still have yet to actually speak to a human but email communication has been somewhat consistent.

Robin
post #214 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 93
bwall23, Here's a link to my thread in the DVD recorders forum. The OP lists all Panasonic DVDRs and I note which ones had TVGOS. I've also listed links for the most posted to threads for each particular model. Note I don't list the TVGOS version, only if a particular model has TVGOS.
Jeff
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134909
post #215 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin robin View Post

Try this:
http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...r/acct_new.php

I just checked and this link still works! They have been helping me via email (well, sort of ) for a couple months now. They also returned my call when I left a message at the "corporate" number. Still have yet to actually speak to a human but email communication has been somewhat consistent.

Robin

Thanks, but...

? do you have to fill this out each time you ask a question?

I tried to back up on the http address, but I can't seem to get to where you just enter your pre-existing user ID...strange

how about you???

TVGOS data: Sony 250 from 5.1?, LG3410a from my DTVPal setup here, not any more.

post #216 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I ran into the same thing. I went to macrovision's page to submit a detailed explanation of my problem, and there was no longer a place to do that. Was it a coincidence that this happened about the same time as Sony released their new firmware? The firmware that macrovision told every one they must have? Only problem was that it didn't fix the problem. So now macrovision's problem reporting page is gone. How convenient!

Mark
post #217 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuttra View Post

I ran into the same thing. I went to macrovision's page to submit a detailed explanation of my problem, and there was no longer a place to do that. Was it a coincidence that this happened about the same time as Sony released their new firmware? The firmware that macrovision told every one they must have? Only problem was that it didn't fix the problem. So now macrovision's problem reporting page is gone. How convenient!

Mark

Since the Sony 250 is only ONE of many TVGOS units, I doubt their apparently screwing up their website has little to do with the Sony firmware...

post #218 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:

I could not get TVGOS to recognize my set's new configuration and did not want to reset my TV to factory defaults. I tried TVGOS Warm, Cold and System Resets (ouch, no cooldown). Turned off TVGOS from the TV set setup and back on. TV System Reset. Tried TVGOS zipcode 00000 and 99999. Stuck tongue out left side of mouth while standing on right foot and holding left ear, etc.

I gave up and setup my config as TVGOS thinks it is.
ANT1 - CableReady, only I have nothing connected to ANT1 now and did a channel scan for both cable and OTA from my Mits set and disabled it in NetCommand so I cannot even select ANT1 as an input
ANT2 - My rooftop OTA UHF antenna and did an OTA channel scan and disabled all analog channels in the Mits channel editor
Disabled TVGOS, shut down completely and unplugged overnight.
Enabled TVGOS (from the TV setup) on ANT2 as OTA with my correct zipcode.

TVGOS still thinks I have CableReady (cable w/CC) on ANT1 and OTA on ANT2. I will let it stew over that(/sleep on it) tonight and see if it gets any smarter tomorrow.

4 days and nothing much to report... TVGOS has actually added a digital channel (2.1 & 2.2) I don't receive to my sets channel editor and is off trying to tune in cable on ANT1, even though nothing is attached to the ANT1 input. About 250 zipcode packets now, but no timezome packets yet. I'm going to stop reporting updates on this here until I get my timezone packet and a lineup choice.

O.K. I said I wouldn't followup on my post until I got my timezone packet and a lineup...

I'm not sure if it's because of what I did or because a station I receive started transmitting packets needed?

Well, I did get a (1) timezone packet and now have my timezone set correctly, but still no patch updates or host channel or grid or lineup yet. But something changed here, since I finally got the timezone packet.

I've noticed that TVGOS 08.01.71 has more control over my device than I do and can re-scan inputs, add channels, access inputs I disabled, etc. So I know it's desperate and is doing everything it can to get data.

THE ONLY THING I changed recently (04/25/09) is to re-enable the ANT1 input on my device (Mitsubishi WD-57831) through NetCommand and tell my device that it's OTA. I did this because I saw TVGOS was trying to scan the ANT1 input for cable channels and knew it would take forever to scan an unconnected input as cable w/channels up to 135?, so I figured if I told it the input was OTA instead of cable it would waste much less time trying to find OTA channels 2-69 on a connector with nothing hooked up. So I had my device start an OTA channel scan on ANT1 and cancelled it immediately. Then did a TVGOS System Reset (04/25/09) to start it re-thinking. Previously (as explained above) I had told it to scan ANT1 as cable.

I still have nothing physically connected to the ANT1 input.
post #219 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I think that part needs a re-write.

??? I was referencing my first post on how to access the diag screens for different versions of TVGOS and just added (use the G* Test 9 digit code) at this point instead of the Enter Diagnostics Screen 9 digit code.
post #220 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttsthree View Post

Not sure if this is the information you want for item Number 3 (Link to Threads) or not, but here is a link for the Mitsubishi LT-46231. I will let you decide if this is correct.

Official Mitsubishi LT-46131 & LT-46231 (46" 1080p LCD) Owner / Discussion Thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=mitsubishi

Thanks, added. I just add what the device owners like you tell me, since I don't own those devices or follow those threads.
post #221 of 1484 Old 04-27-2009, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

bwall23, Here's a link to my thread in the DVD recorders forum. The OP lists all Panasonic DVDRs and I note which ones had TVGOS. I've also listed links for the most posted to threads for each particular model. Note I don't list the TVGOS version, only if a particular model has TVGOS.
Jeff
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134909

You want me to add a table entry in my first post that looks like this (already did)?

Manufacturer Model TVGOS_Version (*0) Digital_compatible Forum_Links
Panasonic DVDR's See Thread-> See Thread-> Panasonic DVD recorder US models, years produced and features

P.S. Nice work on your thread!
post #222 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Thanks, but...

? do you have to fill this out each time you ask a question?

I tried to back up on the http address, but I can't seem to get to where you just enter your pre-existing user ID...strange

how about you???

avnstf:

I still have the last email they sent to me. That email has the link to my existing Macrovision ticket. This is the only way I have been able to find my ticket on their website. I just tried logging out to try and find the link to existing tickets but all I can get to is the "Generic Company Support Site" which does link you to their existing database of questions:

http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...wmcF9wYWdlPTE*

This link lets you create a new account: http://www.macrovision.com/support/8...link_id=topnav

UPDATE!!!
WAIT!!! I think I may have found the login page!!!This MAY be what you are looking for: ??
http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...ge=myq_ilp.php

Hope that is it!!!

Robin
post #223 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 07:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

??? I was referencing my first post on how to access the diag screens for different versions of TVGOS and just added (use the G* Test 9 digit code) at this point instead of the Enter Diagnostics Screen 9 digit code.

Look again what I quoted. You gave two different sets of numbers to enter.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #224 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I received an answer from the chief engineer of our now digital only host stating Macrovision remotely checked their signal and said all was ok. That doesn't answer why I use to receive a packet count and now I don't.

Just how can one completely, properly and thoroughly check a off air signal hundreds of miles away?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #225 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 09:21 AM

LG 50PX4DR and 60PX4DR: v8.1.44. G-test works, as well as diags, from the setup menu.

Other model numbers ending in ..DR have TVGOS and built in recorders.
post #226 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

UPDATE!!!
WAIT!!! I think I may have found the login page!!!This MAY be what you are looking for: ??

Hope that is it!!!

Robin

Thank you! That looks like the page, all right...I'll be trying it soon - Tony

post #227 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:

avnstf:

I still have the last email they sent to me. That email has the link to my existing Macrovision ticket. This is the only way I have been able to find my ticket on their website. I just tried logging out to try and find the link to existing tickets but all I can get to is the "Generic Company Support Site" which does link you to their existing database of questions:

http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...wmcF9wYWdlPTE*

This link lets you create a new account: http://www.macrovision.com/support/8...link_id=topnav

UPDATE!!!

Hope that is it!!!

Robin

It's the correct link - and it works kinda -
When I login I get a
Fatal error: Unable to open file
but if I then go to the answers page it displays correctly with my user nameand offers a logout link. If I click on Support home I get the generic unbranded XYZ company support site page with my user name.
Password retrieval via e-mail works.
So it looks like there is no way to submit new questions?
http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...=0&p_redirect=
post #228 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You want me to add a table entry in my first post that looks like this (already did)?

Manufacturer Model TVGOS_Version (*0) Digital_compatible Forum_Links
Panasonic DVDR's See Thread-> See Thread-> Panasonic DVD recorder US models, years produced and features

P.S. Nice work on your thread!

Thanks, and your thread is coming along quite nice also
BTW I added a link to your thread in my OP, I figured people that have Panasonic DVDRs w/TVGOS may be looking for TVGOS help and this thread should help them greatly.
post #229 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafi1 View Post

It's the correct link - and it works kinda -
When I login I get a
Fatal error: Unable to open file
but if I then go to the answers page it displays correctly with my user nameand offers a logout link. If I click on Support home I get the generic unbranded XYZ company support site page with my user name.
Password retrieval via e-mail works.
So it looks like there is no way to submit new questions?
http://tvgos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/tv...=0&p_redirect=

FWIW, I just tried this myself and got the same result when I tried to access my account with my user ID and Password. I can still get to my old ticket via the link in my last email from them.

I did find where you can create a NEW account using this link:
http://www.macrovision.com/support/8...link_id=topnav
I think this is the link I used when I originally contacted Macrovision for support. Where it asks for Job Function I selected Owner. And where it asks for Company I put Home

I do not know if this will still work but...Worth a try!!

Robin
post #230 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

FWIW, I just tried this myself and got the same result when I tried to access my account with my user ID and Password. I can still get to my old ticket via the link in my last email from them.

I did find where you can create a NEW account using this link:
http://www.macrovision.com/support/8...link_id=topnav
I think this is the link I used when I originally contacted Macrovision for support. Where it asks for Job Function I selected Owner. And where it asks for Company I put Home

I do not know if this will still work but...Worth a try!!

Robin

I couldn't get either of the links for normal accounts (either and existing one or a new account) to work for me...

But I DID find my old email exchange (from July!) and responded to their last one with an further question (about how my LG3410a could use the DTVPal to get TVGOS in a mode that would permit me to continue to use the TV Guide screen for receiving, and setting recordings from, digital (i.e., HD) stations...we'll see if I get any response...

post #231 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Look again what I quoted. You gave two different sets of numbers to enter.

Look again what I replied. Appears dlj999, who I was replying to, understood it...
post #232 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonatx View Post

LG 50PX4DR and 60PX4DR: v8.1.44. G-test works, as well as diags, from the setup menu.

Other model numbers ending in ..DR have TVGOS and built in recorders.

Thanks annonatx, added.
post #233 of 1484 Old 04-28-2009, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

O.K. I said I wouldn't followup on my post until I got my timezone packet and a lineup...

I'm not sure if it's because of what I did or because a station I receive started transmitting packets needed?

Well, I did get a (1) timezone packet and now have my timezone set correctly, but still no patch updates or host channel or grid or lineup yet. But something changed here, since I finally got the timezone packet.

I've noticed that TVGOS 08.01.71 has more control over my device than I do and can re-scan inputs, add channels, access inputs I disabled, etc. So I know it's desperate and is doing everything it can to get data.

THE ONLY THING I changed recently is to re-enable the ANT1 input on my device (Mitsubishi WD-57831) through NetCommand and tell my device that it's OTA. I did this because I saw TVGOS was trying to scan the ANT1 input for cable channels and knew it would take forever to scan an unconnected input as cable w/channels up to 135?, so I figured if I told it the input was OTA instead of cable it would waste much less time trying to find OTA channels 2-69 on a connector with nothing hooked up. So I had my device start an OTA channel scan on ANT1 and cancelled it immediately. Then did a TVGOS System Reset to start it re-thinking. Previously (as explained above) I had told it to scan ANT1 as cable.

I still have nothing physically connected to the ANT1 input.

Update, my TVGOS device reset itself at 19:34 UCT, UTC, GMT, whatever... It kept my timezone and clock correct, but no Host ID, Host Channel, all the VBI DL Sched's are gone, all slicer data reset to 0's. Guess that's good news as it means either Macrovision or the Host Station here is back in business?!?

P.S. Timezone version is 248.
post #234 of 1484 Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:

Look again what I replied. Appears dlj999, who I was replying to, understood it...

I knew what bwall23 meant. It's all cool.

ÂInsanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Â
Albert Einstein
post #235 of 1484 Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 PM

I hope this will be of use to other readers.

After some work I now have a dtvpal plus connected to an old Panasonic DMR-EH50 receiving tvgos infortmation. The signal is comming from my local CBS station KREM. The two things I need to do to make this work (above and beyond what is in the manuals) were:

1. I had to lock the EH50 to the VBI channel. You do this by tuning to the correct station (20 in my case which is the analog channel that has 2-1 KREM digital feed) and entering the code 963214785 into the messages screen on the EH50.

2. I had to set the dtvpal picture format to ZOOM on channel 20. When the dtvpal is in normal mode you can see on screen a data stream in the top row of pixels of the letter boxed display. I think it is putting the VBI information in the display area. What ever the cause, if the dtvpal is in Normal, the EH50 receives no VBI information, no clock, nothing. If it is in Zoom I get tvgos, channels, program listings etc. It is not quite as complete as when the EH50 was connected to cable but it clearly is there.
post #236 of 1484 Old 04-29-2009, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Good to hear you got it to work. When you go into your EH-50's diagnostic screen what host channel does it say you're getting your TVGOS information from?
Also are you using line input 3 into your EH-50 and I assume you're using the IR blaster?
Also I've linked your post to a thread over in the DVD recorders forum, some people may be just looking over there.
post #237 of 1484 Old 04-29-2009, 03:55 PM

When I checked it on Sunday it said my vbi host was x14 i.e. channel 20. I am using an IR blaster and am currently using input 3. I actually think the coax input and input 3 have similar results for tvgos, at least they did when things were not working as well.
post #238 of 1484 Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-I-B View Post

When I checked it on Sunday it said my vbi host was x14 i.e. channel 20. I am using an IR blaster and am currently using input 3. I actually think the coax input and input 3 have similar results for tvgos, at least they did when things were not working as well.

hmm...interesting

by the way, you might want to put your location in your profile, so that people can tell approximately WHERE you are! (i.e., in what market) Thanks

post #239 of 1484 Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
KREM = Spokane WA.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #240 of 1484 Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-I-B View Post

I hope this will be of use to other readers.

After some work I now have a dtvpal plus connected to an old Panasonic DMR-EH50 receiving tvgos infortmation. The signal is comming from my local CBS station KREM. The two things I need to do to make this work (above and beyond what is in the manuals) were:

1. I had to lock the EH50 to the VBI channel. You do this by tuning to the correct station (20 in my case which is the analog channel that has 2-1 KREM digital feed) and entering the code 963214785 into the messages screen on the EH50.

2. I had to set the dtvpal picture format to ZOOM on channel 20. When the dtvpal is in normal mode you can see on screen a data stream in the top row of pixels of the letter boxed display. I think it is putting the VBI information in the display area. What ever the cause, if the dtvpal is in Normal, the EH50 receives no VBI information, no clock, nothing. If it is in Zoom I get tvgos, channels, program listings etc. It is not quite as complete as when the EH50 was connected to cable but it clearly is there.

I also have an eh50 and haven't had any success for the last however many months finding TVGOS info via the DTVPal in Denver. Haven't tried the zoom bit. I did force the VBI to KCNC (CBS Ch4 in Denver). It never locked on a host channel even though the Pal was in TVGOS mode and set to KCNC.

I'll have give the zoom trick a whirl.

Update: No luck after 24 hours - the host channel is still 0x0 after forcing the VBI and verifying the CBS channel is set to zoom on the DTVPal. Will try for another 24 hours before switching back to the analog. Denver does not appear to be transmitting the SCTE-127 data yet. Just ran the 971397135 test and there are no VBI packets coming in on VBI Channel 141
Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page