Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
fyi for D-6500 ...according to

http://www.rabbitears.info/vhf.php >

06/29/09: WABC has requested a power increase.
Licensed: 1328' 11.7 kW ND
Requested: 1328' 27.0 kW ND

thats more than double.....so maybe that will solve your WABC problem....

and i bet ultimately WABC will either get even higher power permission or be allowed to move to a uhf channel like WLS ABC in chicago is requesting.... WLS wants to switch to ch 44 from ch 7.....

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-6500 View Post

....... What i never understood was how overloading an incoming signal could also result in not pulling it in. I just figured if it was too strong it would be overly bright and distorted - at least in the case of analog.

no, what happens is the very sensitive 'front end' of the tuner is 'blinded' or overloaded by the very strong signals .....and in extreme cases the tuner then cant resolve any signals, weak or strong, on any frequency.....

*** its high time to go back to OTA antennas and CANCEL our cable/satellite pay tv services! their greed is totally & insanely out of control! ***
post #63 of 63 Old 09-16-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
In the photos, you can see I cantilevered the VHF rabbit ears - still flat, about 14" out over edge of building.

I also replaced the metal living-room lamp post holding the C-2 with a wooden broom stick(the less metal the better, right?) and stood off the 300ohm twinlead with both a stand off and the brick you see there as a counterweight.

Results?

All channels in my original post stay above 90% signal strength at all times(exc. when severe storms approach)!

Channel 7.1??

No FREAKIN' comment!

And if anyone here says there's something wrong with my setup, they probably work for ABC. Because if something in that photo was preventing ABC from coming in, it would prevent ALL OF MY CHANNELS from coming in or weaken their indicated signal strength severely - I'd get NOTHING. Unless ABC is transmitting on a frequency/bandwidth not used on this planet.

It's thoroughly on ABC to fix this one! (And I hope someone over there is lurking)
LL
LL
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page