Do I need a powerstrip for 52 Inch LCD? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
Alcatraz72's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just installed my new Samsung 52b750 and connected to my DTV receiver. This forum has helped a lot, and I am beginning to understand more about my TV.

Currently, the TV is plugged into an outlet that was installed just for this TV. I am not sure if it is special or not, meaning if it was installed with special wiring specifically for this TV. The guy before me was kind of handy, so its possible.

1) Any way to check my outlet if it is suitable for my TV?
2) If not, I am guessing i need a power strip? Any reccomendations for one? Does everything have to be plugged into that strip or just my TV. I read something about protecting my TV from Power Surges....Just curious. Thank you,
Alcatraz72 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
RCbridge's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Limerick Pa
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I would reccomend it, years ago there was a power surge in my area and my power strip took the hit and burned but my TV and other components were saved a few of my neighbors did not have one and guess what happened to there stuff!!
RCbridge is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member
johnpost's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
powerstrip is a term for any multioutlet device.

you would like a powerstrip with surgeprotection or surgesuppressor.
johnpost is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member
mjones73's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North East, MD
Posts: 7,945
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ideally a quality surge protector would be good idea. You can purchase a plug in unit that would go between the TV and outlet or if it's wall mounted and your tight on space, they do make surge protectors that can be installed in the breaker panel to protect the circuit feeding your TV outlet.

Please don't PM me with technical questions that should be posted in the forum.
mjones73 is offline  
Reply HDTV Technical

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off