VIZIO SV420XVT1A Full Screen Blu Ray Stretch Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My problem is this: I own a VIZIO SV420XVT1A HDTV and a Sony BDP-BX1 Blu Ray Player. The Blu Ray player is hooked to the TV directly through HDMI. When watching widescreen movies and hdtv broadcasts, I have no issues. However, when I try to watch a full screen blu ray movie such as the wizard of oz or snow white, which are 1:33 aspect ratio (full frame), I am not allowed the option to stretch the image to full screen to eliminate the bars to the left and right of the movie. I am only allowed to "zoom". When watching television, i am given zoom, standard, panoramic, and wide. I should be able to have the same options with the movies too right? Wrong. I have tried just about every technical solution with both the player and tv with no results. If anyone can help me, i would appreciate it.

My brother's Samsung HDTV switches to such modes at the press of a button. I am fearing that it is the model of my tv which does not allow a "stretch" of movies, but only zoom. PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 84
My Vizio doesn't allow Zooming any HD, either from tuner or line inputs.
For SD DVDs sometimes I'll change the resolution to 480i to allow zooming and then change my player back for movies not needing zooming. My Sony TV zooms HD no problem, I think it's just the way the TV was designed.
When you said you could Zoom from the tuner, was that a HD broadcast? If so I can't explain why you can't zoom HD from your BR player.
You may want to post your question in the LCD TV forum(I'm assuming your Vizio is LCD, if plasma their is also a plasma TV forum).
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page