Sound Volume Equalizer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-25-2009, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How can I automatically level the sound volume while watching my HDTV, instead of always manually adjusting volume down and up for loud commercials, quiet voices, loud music, and different volume from different TV channels? I use HDTV, HDMI cables, a Comcast cable box and Blu-ray Player in Florida (and the same in Ontario, Canada, except I use a Bell TV satellite box there). I have found inexpensive Volume Equalizers online (under $50), but they all seem to work with RCA audio cables only.
(1) Can I keep my HDMI cable connections for video, and use RCA audio cables with an inexpensive Volume Equalizer? If so, how can I handle my TV input options, which do not seem to allow for separate inputs for video and audio? Do I need to purchase external speakers and connect the RCA audio cables to these?
(2) If I can solve my problem with an inexpensive Volume Equalizer, what brand and model would you recommend, which will keep the video and sound in sync?
(3) If I can NOT solve my problem with an inexpensive Volume Equalizer, what other options do I have?
(4) I have tried to find TV home theater amplifiers with sound volume equalization, but I cannot find where this feature is even mentioned in all the ads, reviews, and specs that I have looked at. Why isn't TV sound volume equalization an easy thing to accomplish, when so many people are aggravated by huge volume changes every few seconds?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide me on how to solve my problem, and/or why it seems to be so difficult to find info on this (popular?) subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2009, 08:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I do not know the current status of the product discussed in the following link:

http://www.twice.com/article/354521-...Device_Due.php
post #3 of 3 Old 12-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldknight View Post

How can I automatically level the sound volume while watching my HDTV, instead of always manually adjusting volume down and up for loud commercials, quiet voices, loud music, and different volume from different TV channels? I use HDTV, HDMI cables, a Comcast cable box and Blu-ray Player in Florida (and the same in Ontario, Canada, except I use a Bell TV satellite box there). I have found inexpensive Volume Equalizers online (under $50), but they all seem to work with RCA audio cables only.
(1) Can I keep my HDMI cable connections for video, and use RCA audio cables with an inexpensive Volume Equalizer? If so, how can I handle my TV input options, which do not seem to allow for separate inputs for video and audio? Do I need to purchase external speakers and connect the RCA audio cables to these?
(2) If I can solve my problem with an inexpensive Volume Equalizer, what brand and model would you recommend, which will keep the video and sound in sync?
(3) If I can NOT solve my problem with an inexpensive Volume Equalizer, what other options do I have?
(4) I have tried to find TV home theater amplifiers with sound volume equalization, but I cannot find where this feature is even mentioned in all the ads, reviews, and specs that I have looked at. Why isn't TV sound volume equalization an easy thing to accomplish, when so many people are aggravated by huge volume changes every few seconds?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide me on how to solve my problem, and/or why it seems to be so difficult to find info on this (popular?) subject.

Some TVs(even tube models 5 years old) have "Smart Sound"(that's a trademarked term) or other volume-limiting capacity. It would be found the menu for Audio, along with tone controls for Bass, Treble, etc.

The effectiveness of such volume limiters varies by brand and sometimes model.
Reply HDTV Technical