Final antenna selection decision - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-03-2010, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9fbed49685fef4

I'm trying to make a final decision on buying an antenna. We live in the mountains with trees all around our house. My husband built a "coat-hanger" antenna, which initially picked up all the uhf channels in the winter, even propped up in our living room, fairly well (signal meters 50-60%). Now with that antenna on the roof it is no longer working well, I'm assuming because of the trees. We are also looking at dropping satellite tv in favor of free, and want to get an antenna that will also pick up our PBS channel. I was hoping to avoid one of the larger antennas, but from advice on this forum several have recommended the Winegard 7015. Is the larger antenna really going to be the only option to consistently get PBS? We had tried the RCAant751 from walmart, just with my husband holding it on the roof was picking up pbs on a signal meter about 50-60% but was not getting a good picture. It did work for the other channels. I was also looking at trying the RCA ant3036, just gives me the option of returning it if it doesn't work. Is that a decent antenna, or should I just go with the 7015? Try a separate VHF and UHF? Before I started researching had no idea there were so many options!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Use your existing topic.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Closed Thread HDTV Technical

User Tag List