Join Date: Jan 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had Direct TV for years (and I also had Comcast as well)...I dropped DTV and now I have just Comcast...Comcast (IMO) beats the hell out of DTV...this isnt even including the weather/trees/line of sight issue/adjust the dish at least once a year with DTV.
1) Can I watch DVR'ed programs in any room regardless of what box they were recorded on?
ANSWER: yes...if you get the new multi-room boxes (and if you were switching to Comcast, why not get the best box)
2) Do the HDDVR boxes have improvements to the speed I can look at a guide that one would expect out of engineers with college degrees in the age of quad core 4GHz processors that cost less than a month of service with one of these horrible companies?
ANSWER: No comparison...there is NO wait time for a Comcast Guide or Menu...plus Comcast has caller ID right on the screen...pretty neat.
3) Can I do a month long trial and cancel service?
ANSWER: Yes...its in all the Comcast ads (plus a buddy of mine just got Comcast and its the 1st thing they told him...not second hand info, I was there)
4) Is the ondemand any good?
ANSWER: It's AWESOME!!...tons of stuff...free movies...TV...series..etc..etc (and NO, I dont work for Comcast...lol)...you would need to watch tv 24/7 for a year to see all the stuff on demand....and a most of it is available in HD
5) Can I set programs to record and manage the programs on my DVR through a PC? over the internet?
ANSWER: Yes...and you dont need an app (unless you want one)...you just sign into comcast.com and select my dvr manager and record away...I record most of my programs when Im sitting at the computer because basically im just too damn lazy to go down stairs and turn on the tv to do it (and if you have multiple dvr boxes you can set it up online so that you can pick the box you want to record)
As an added note, Comcast has over 100 HD channels in my area (over 150 in Penns & NJ) and are adding in another 50+ HD channels over the next few months.
I live in New Hampshire and my parents live in Mass...Mass is slightly ahead of Nh but we are catching up quickly....I hope this helped.
'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'