Newbie looking for antenna advice, Fort Collins, CO - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 06-03-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
pdr1979, we did install the FM filter but it didn't help, neither did turning it the antenna. We've managed to live without this station though, since mostly we watch Hulu Plus. It's a minor loss compared to our former Comcast bill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 06-05-2012, 05:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The HBU22 antenna that was suggested in a previous post ($38 at RS) would have likely eliminated the VHF problem. It is a small antenna and wind loading is minimal.
post #33 of 39 Old 10-17-2013, 06:44 PM

I also live in Fort Collins (Shields and Harmony) and found this topic helpful. I purchased the Clearstream 2V and mounted it on the roof. I can get all of the Denver stations, the Cheyenne and Casper HD (27-1 & 27-2) and a bunch of Christian and Spanish language channels. The Auto channel find on the TV found 64 stations in total. Thanks for the tip on the ClearStream.
post #34 of 39 Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post

Our the first shipment of our new version of the C2 (which we called the C2-V during development) came in this week and should be on the website for sale sometime next week. It's a C2 with a unity gain high-VHF dipole on the back (combined with the best off-the-shelf diplexer I could find) that will now offer a predictable measure of VHF performance. It will be packaged as a turnkey consumer product and includes a 20" J-Mount and a 30' RG6 coax cable. However, I'd suspect that more VHF performance would be desirable in Ft Collins for the Denver VHF stations.
It would be great for the VHF stations but would likely need a separate UHF antenna such as the C2 or a "medium" UHF Yagi for best results. The alternative to the separates is a conventional 7-69 combo as has been suggested.

So what is the difference between this antenna on AD: http://www.antennasdirect.com/store/ClearStream-C2-VHF-Long-Range-Combo-Complete.html versus the one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direct-C2-V-CJM-ClearStream-Outdoor/dp/B007RH5GZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382631026&sr=8-1&keywords=antennas+direct+clearstream+2v+c2-v-cjm+long+range+hdtv+antenna

Is it the same antenna model #?

post #35 of 39 Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 57
They appear to be the SAME.....except one costs HALF AS MUCH as the other.....
tspitz likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #36 of 39 Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Actually they are not the same, there are differences. The one on our website is a 1st generation C2V with an external diplexer and that package includes a 30' RG6 and a 20" CJ mount.. The one on Amazon is a 2nd generation C2V (diplexer integrated into the loop assembly) and only a 20" CJ mount (no coax). The performance of the two versions is the same.

Our website pricing is at list price because if we got into pricing wars with our own dealers and distributors we'd be out of business.. Amazon uses a dynamic pricing algorithm that is based on the lowest price that someone is using to whore out products, often gray market items in their Marketplace that were retail customer returns and reported to us as destroyed but instead ended up in the hands of liquidators.

As it happens, we're quite motivated to move the remaining inventory of those 1st generation C2V bundles. If you CALL IN and talk to a rep, they'll match the Amazon pricing for the exact product.

Tech support for Antennas Direct
post #37 of 39 Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post

Actually they are not the same, there are differences. The one on our website is a 1st generation C2V with an external diplexer and that package includes a 30' RG6 and a 20" CJ mount.. The one on Amazon is a 2nd generation C2V (diplexer integrated into the loop assembly) and only a 20" CJ mount (no coax). The performance of the two versions is the same.

Our website pricing is at list price because if we got into pricing wars with our own dealers and distributors we'd be out of business.. Amazon uses a dynamic pricing algorithm that is based on the lowest price that someone is using to whore out products, often gray market items in their Marketplace that were retail customer returns and reported to us as destroyed but instead ended up in the hands of liquidators.

As it happens, we're quite motivated to move the remaining inventory of those 1st generation C2V bundles. If you CALL IN and talk to a rep, they'll match the Amazon pricing for the exact product.

thanks for the reply and info.

post #38 of 39 Old 04-10-2014, 07:01 AM

I found your post while doing a search and see that you are from Fort Collins. I live just East of Overland Trail and Elizabeth.

I cannot help with your question but would be interested in finding out your reception quality. I have an antenna on my roof and can not get NBC or CBS since going digital.

Ron
post #39 of 39 Old 04-10-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltoreel View Post

I found your post while doing a search and see that you are from Fort Collins. I live just East of Overland Trail and Elizabeth.

I cannot help with your question but would be interested in finding out your reception quality. I have an antenna on my roof and can not get NBC or CBS since going digital.

Ron
You didn't mention the antenna you have or the general area you're located in (trees, buildings etc) or how high your antenna is.

Did you go here http://www.antennaweb.org to see the direction of the stations?

Builds: 
, Dual Opposed MFW's x 2, Statements, 
 x 5. 
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page