NYC Area VHF Reception issues - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What an amazing answer. I don't understand everything as well as you do but I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to answer me so thoroughly. I would like to mess with this and block out ch 8 like you mentioned. You think it's a lot of work? I have the Winegard 7694P up on a roof mast now.

After I posted today, I saw that Verizon FiOS offers a ClearQAM package for $10/month. I reluctantly purchased it but if I can get the antenna working again, I would prefer not to pay the $10 smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You're welcome. I grew up in NJ, near New Brunswick.
Quote:
You think it's a lot of work?
I think it would be difficult to block it out with a wire mesh shield when your antenna is on the roof, which is why I mentioned the test in the attic to confirm the idea. A large piece of cardboard on the roof would act like a sail.
Quote:
Verizon FiOS offers a ClearQAM package for $10/month
That sounds like a good deal to me; you must already have FIOS for another service.

We pay $25 for basic cable from Cox, which gives us a mixture of analog and digital signals.

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883
www.megalithia.com/elect/aerialsite/dttpoorman.html
post #33 of 34 Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM

Liked: 14
Wondering if one of your neighbors is using something like an outdoor LED light, some kind of timer, an underground electronic pet fence or other similar electronic device that is only turned on in the evenings, and which is causing interference to only your channel 7. Some people have reported similar occurrences on these boards before.
post #34 of 34 Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post

You're welcome. I grew up in NJ, near New Brunswick.
I think it would be difficult to block it out with a wire mesh shield when your antenna is on the roof, which is why I mentioned the test in the attic to confirm the idea. A large piece of cardboard on the roof would act like a sail.
That sounds like a good deal to me; you must already have FIOS for another service.

We pay $25 for basic cable from Cox, which gives us a mixture of analog and digital signals.

Yeah. Since I got the FiOS pkg, I am going to move the antenna back to attic as a backup. I can setup the cardboard up there for sure. I am leaving my existing antenna runs just in case.

Yes we have FiOS internet. I've been a "cord cutter" since fall of 2011. Haven't missed full cable at all. And the money saved got put towards a faster internet. $10/month isn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcd0865 View Post

Wondering if one of your neighbors is using something like an outdoor LED light, some kind of timer, an underground electronic pet fence or other similar electronic device that is only turned on in the evenings, and which is causing interference to only your channel 7. Some people have reported similar occurrences on these boards before.

I'm gonna have to check this out. Good idea.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page