Direct TV Blackout-Game Show Beer Money Blacked Out on SNY. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered the Sports Pack online today and I know about the pro teams being blacked out (have to order the league package to get the pro teams games) but a game show (Beer Money) on SNY was blacked out in my area in Virginia tonight. Why? Do I have to order MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice to view it or just MLB Extra Innings or is it just available in NY area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvilletvfan View Post

I just ordered the Sports Pack online today and I know about the pro teams being blacked out (have to order the league package to get the pro teams games) but a game show (Beer Money) on SNY was blacked out in my area in Virginia tonight. Why? Do I have to order MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice to view it or just MLB Extra Innings or is it just available in NY area?

Actually the local teams will be blacked out even if you have MLB Extra innings, NBA league Pass or NHL Center Ice. Never heard of Beer Money so I can't answer that.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF68 View Post

Actually the local teams will be blacked out even if you have MLB Extra innings, NBA league Pass or NHL Center Ice. Never heard of Beer Money so I can't answer that.

It is a trivia show about New York sports teams and it was available yesterday I guess the day before a game ran over I guess.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Sometimes the shows right before or after the games are on will get blacked out if DirecTV is too eager/lazy to make the change at the exact moment the game begins/ends. Also if a game runs over and the guide isn't updated in time to reflect that the other shows may seem to be blacked out, when in reality the game is still on and that show is just going to air postponed or joined in progress.

Finally, some news/fan shows covering the teams on the sports net may be blacked out if they request it to be (or I believe if they show game photage/highlights).
Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page