OTA HDTV and Distribution Amplifier - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello there. I am a recent "cable-cutter" and am sooooo happy about it. I live in the NW area of Las Vegas and just said "good-riddens" to DirecTV. (I have this posted in the Local HDTV forum as well, but I wasn't sure if this should have been posted here instead.)

I have an RCA ANT751 Outdoor HDTV Antenna right on the DirecTV mast on the side of my home. I have 3 TVs connected and am using the Dynex 4-Way Coaxial Cable Distribution Amplifier. All TVs are getting excellent reception... except for 1 channel.

PBS channel 10 comes in excellent on my master bedroom TV, but not at all on the other 2. My biggest concern is getting it in on the living room TV that has the Tivo connected to it. I have twin toddlers and since losing NickJR., PBS seems to be the best channel for kids shows.

I have no idea why I can't get channel 10 in on all TVs. I haven't tried switching the COAX cables that are plugged into the dist. amp., but I'm not sure if that will make a difference. Ideally, I'd like to get channel 10 on all the TVs.

Is the problem the Dynex? Is there a better, more powerful distribution amp that I should be using?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There's not very many people who know about this technology.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 90
That Dynex brand may have a high noise figure, which can be detrimental to some channels. Or perhaps not enough power, or then again, perhaps too much. Anyway, the Channel Master distribution amps by PCT are usually more highly recommended.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can you post your TV fool results sowe can see if you even need an amp or not? Did you try just a regular 3-way splitter?
post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

What is the fourth output of that amplifier connected to? You may need a 75 Ohm F connector terminating resistor.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

There are several reasons you may not be getting channel 10 very well. Post a link to the TVFool results for your specific address. This will show us how much signal you're dealing with. Your address will not display on the results page.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page