Greenville SC antenna help wanted - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
site data, http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d5bcfda40dde54

One of our kids is buying a new (under construction) home in a "community revitalization" area, and want to get by with OTA. They want all of the networks, which looks easy, but will I need 2 antennas because of the 2 relatively weak CBS (rf 7) and ABC (rf 13)? Much of Greenville has trouble with 13, but this looks like a good area.

I'll have the opportunity to pull cable through a small attic from either of 2 eaves ... it doesn't look like there will be any preference here ... and tentatively plan to pull 2 low loss RG6 lines down to the accessible crawl space where an opportunity exists to connect what needs to be interconnected to supply probably 2 locations, the bedroom and living room via (I HOPE) a splitter. I'll pull and not terminate cables from other rooms after they decide where they MIGHT eventually want sets located.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=HBU22
Aim it to the north.

This may not work if the attic has radiant barrier foil roof decking or foil backed insulation in the walls. Stucco walls and metal roofs are also signal killers.

It should handle a 2-way split. If not, add a 2-port distribution amp.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxaw View Post

Aim it to the north.

This may not work if the attic has radiant barrier foil roof decking or foil backed insulation in the walls. Stucco walls and metal roofs are also signal killers.

It should handle a 2-way split. If not, add a 2-port distribution amp.

The Channel 7 tower is not where I thought it was ... looks good. I'm aware of the foil, stucco, and metal issues ... I thought I was plain in my "through a small attic from either of 2 eaves" that I planned the antenna outdoors ... the 25 feet kinda required that too ... peak of the roof will be about 20 or 21 feet ... but guess my communications skills are as poor as my wife says .

THANKS!
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page