Receiver/BluRay recommendation for Panosonic Viera VT30 65" & Energy Classic 5.1 Home theatre system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This is my very first post. Looking forward to get some advise on the setup and recommendation of bluray/receiver.

I just bought panosonic viera vt30 65" tv. it is huge and looks stunning. but sound quality is awful. i have a great desktop logitech speakers with woofer. But unfortunately it has RCA and found out, tv can take only optical audio cable.

Now, I have found energy classic 5.1 speaker which has awesome reviews. I am about to place an order in amazon. But, I don't know if i can direclty connect these speakers to my tv which has optical out.

I need a bluray player anyways. So thought if someone could recommend a nice bluray with receiver and how i should set it up with energy home theatre and my plasma tv.

And also, if there is any wallmount for the speakers which is affordable in price.

please advise. thanks!

HARIHARAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Welcome to the forum.

Those Energy Classic speakers are just speakers, no amp/receiver. So it will not work alone with the TV, you need a receiver.

Check this out from Onkyo, the HT-s3500, comes complete with everything, and a lot cheaper.
I love this system so much, I have 2 of them.
And the sound is amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88V8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340966412&sr=8-1&keywords=onkyo+ht-s3500

The speakers also has holes to be mounted on the wall. You can look at speaker mounts on monoprice.com, or just simply put an anchor in the wall with a screw and hang them like I did.

Blu-Ray players are a dime a dozen, but I have the Panasonic DMP-75 from last year that works well with my Panasonic LCD. I think Panasonic might have newer models out.

But whatever you choose, try to get the Blu-Ray player and receiver system seperate as opposed to buying an "All-in-one" Blu-Ray/5.1 home theater.
hariharancam likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I read that advise about buying a receiver and bd player seperate makes the sound better. Definitely i can do that. I already spent too much on the TV and unfortunately finding a tv stand for this tv was crazy and had to spend $700 for it.

I had no plan for purchasing home theatre system. Since sound sucks, i think i should buy. I am very pleased with energy speakers. I already placed the order for it. Now i am looking for receiver immediately. I can buy a bd player later.

Any cost effective good receiver that you could recommend? And how should i set it up? Please advise.

And thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
The people in the Audio thread could probably answer better.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/89/speakers.

There is an Energy owners thread in there
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page