What will be the future of TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I've just found an interesting article about the future of TV and I think there can be something about it. What do you think?

Here is the link: http://cardonet.co.uk/how-apple-will-become-king-in-the-tv-industry/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The article claims that Apple and only Apple will be able to make 4K resolution displays and "reasonably priced" 4K resolution recorders thus the entire television industry will have no choice but to follow Apple's lead which will remain "miles ahead" of the competition.

I enjoy Apple fans' enthusiasm but I think the author could have done a little more research.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 01:10 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

The article claims that Apple and only Apple will be able to make 4K resolution displays and "reasonably priced" 4K resolution recorders thus the entire television industry will have no choice but to follow Apple's lead which will remain "miles ahead" of the competition.
I enjoy Apple fans' enthusiasm but I think the author could have done a little more research.

When has Apple made "reasonably priced" anything? They always sell for double what everyone charges because it has an Apple logo on it. And knowing Apple all their devices will have to use specific proprietary cables which are double the price of normal cables.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Agreed. Since when did reasonably-priced become part of the marketing handbook of Apple. Or shall we say "reasonably pricey"? We look at some models of Vizio, LG, and Sony if we want to see some reasonably-priced TVs.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
And when has Apple ever had any products in the television industry? Macs used to be the ideal machine for editing video but I think PC software has caught up.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page