HDTV HDCP Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-16-2012, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm getting the
"Your HDTV does not support HDCP. Please disconnect the HDMI connector and use the component YPrPB connection to continue watching TV.

Press EXIT to cancel."

message when I try to use my Video 7 HDMI output.

I've had a PS3 and my TV hooked up to Video 7 in the past, I've never tried to hook up my computer to it.

TV is the Sony KDS-55A2000 with two HDMI outputs, Video 6 and Video 7. PVR is the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD. I typically use Video 6 for TV and Video 7 for PS3. I can't get any of my devices to work on Video 7 HDMI. Video 6 works fine with the PVR, it is only Video 7. It almost seems like there was an issue with the TV being hooked up to it, and now Video 7 is frozen and I can't use it with any other device now.

I've searched around the internet, and the best solutions seem to be unplugging everything and re-plugging everything in with the cable box.

- unplugging the power to everything and re-plugging it in, and doing that in various orders, HDMI cables first, TV powered on first, PVR powered on first.
- there is no update for my TV
- I can't find anywhere to upgrade my firmware on the PVR. I've searched around the setup menus.

I would like to have Video 6 for my TV and the PS3 on Video 7. When I hook the PS3 or my DVD player (with HDMI output) up to Video 7, there is no display.

Is my Video 7 input broken? If I plug my cable to Video 7, I get the message referenced above, but I can press Guide and I can see the Guide for the PVR, so it makes me think my Video 7 is still functioning, but I may be wrong.

Does anyone know what to do for this?
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page