Pflugerville, TX: Antenna suggestion mounted on lower roof - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
TV Fool report here: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d9900db0209c300

I'm looking at working with a 5-foot mast and wiring left behind by the previous homeowner (or replacing the latter). It's on a lower roof set back about 15 feet from the house, and will be 15-20 feet in the air when all is said and done. I would prefer to reuse this location rather than setting up something new on top of the house. The direction of the local tower farm (230 magnetic) would put the antenna pointing to the right of the chimney from the second picture.

Given the need for *some* VHF to pick up Fox locally, and hoping for a smaller setup. I was considering the DB4e + CS2-V VHF reflector attachment (see http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1379122&postcount=371) + pre-amp. Given the disadvantage of being on the back side of the roof and the location outlined above, would I need a full Yagi instead? Also, any considerations for vertical tilt? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-04-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 161
While that location is fine for satellite, it really isn't for OTA TV. Obviously, it was a typical 'quick/cheap' install that the satellite provider did for some type of local reception.
I'm not a fan of AD at all. Actually, what now is available overall, leaves a lot to be desired.

All the local stations are in one direction?
No distant stations?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Thread title edited to include location. See the sticky note.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page