Capturing All Available Signals in Fairbanks, AK. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I posted this on the Fairbanks, AK thread but I thought I'd ask here too:

Question for the experts. We live 20 miles south of town on Eielson. They have a policy the prohibits outdoor antennas and dishes in the family housing area. We cancelled GCI and presently have a Dish Network on "hold". I bought a Clear Stream 2 antenna from Antennas Direct. To get NBC 11, ABC 2 and CW I have to face it between 295 and 310 degrees facing the wall in my living room. To get the other stations I have to post it outside on my trampoline safety rails and face it 65 degrees. I think all the trees in the valley have to do with this because all the broadcast towers are NW of town. So-would a signal accelerator help get all the stations at once (and then I can feel good about ordering the ChannelMaster DVR) or should I get a different antenna all together? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvzeek96 View Post

I posted this on the Fairbanks, AK thread but I thought I'd ask here too:
Question for the experts. We live 20 miles south of town on Eielson. They have a policy the prohibits outdoor antennas and dishes in the family housing area.

That is actually against the law.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF68 View Post

That is actually against the law.

Actually that depends on what he is calling the "family housing area". If it is the common yard etc around a apartment complex or condo then they can restrict them from putting antennas there. If he has an exclusive use area then they can't keep him from putting an antenna there, as long as he doesn't damage their property in doing so.

We really need more info from him. Is this a house, condo, apartment, etc? What does he mean by "family housing area"? Does he own or rent the property? Who exactly is telling him he can't have an antenna, local government HOA, property owner, etc?
post #4 of 5 Old 08-09-2012, 11:38 AM

When he said he lives on Eielson, I assume he meant Eielson Air force base. I'm guessing they can restrict anything they want.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

It's military housing. The Air Force has a regulation that prohibits base commanders from restricting Dishes and outdoor antenna's but the base has this policy anyway. I brought it up to our vice wing commander had he basically told me to forget about it and to relax because no one is getting a kickback from GCI cable (our local cable company that is the only way to get TV programming if you live on base). The people on the other thread ask to see my antenna web results so here they are.
Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page