AVS Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Otto Pylot 
#1 ·
Hi,

Ive got new stuff coming this week. Samsung 8000 64"plasma (last years model) HSU subwoofer, panasonic 500 3d bluray, Marantz SR6006. SHould not have spent the money but I couldnt help it,its not my fault.

Question.......the house has two coax outlets and a telephone line coming out of the wall which I think, is ethernet?. Do I go ethernet cord ( and of course, coax)..but do I go Ethernet..... out of the wall > surger protector > DirectTV HD DVR> then ethernet from DTV Box to the Marantz AVR? ( There are two Ethernet outlets and phone outlet on the back of the Directv box)

Another situation is I have a computer in another room with a Router that sends wifi, so I guess that will send to a internet signal for netflix etc... to my tv or bluray......I would prefer a wired connection .....so that has to do with the first situation I described above, I think?

There is an ethernet input on the back of the marantz avr, the Bluray3D and probably the TV .

Help anyone ..Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Actually, The few things I think I might understand are........

1) Coax to surge protector>to directv dvr.> thats it for the coax

2) HDMI from directv dvr >to Marantz AVR

3) HDMI from Marantz AVR to TV

4 HDMI from Bluray 3D PLayer to Marantz AVR

All my HDMI cables are 1.4 have ethernet.

The speakers are simple.

The remotes will be a challenge.

I think I can get wifi from my router in my office next to the computer, that my TV and/or Bluray will pickup.

I still dont understand if there will be a need or necessary to use actuall ehernt cables from the blu ray to tv to AVR.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfretter  /t/1424781/directv-and-ethernet/0_20#post_22310830

Actually, The few things I think I might understand are........

All my HDMI cables are 1.4 have ethernet.

I still dont understand if there will be a need or necessary to use actuall ehernt cables from the blu ray to tv to AVR.

There is no such thing as an HDMI 1.4 cable. The 1.4 designates the hardware spec, not the cable. What you want is a Certified High Speed HDMI cable. Period. You can get excellent cables from Monoprice, MediaBridge, etc without having to pay the unreasonably high price from the other "M" brand. A reputable dealer will have the certificate available for the length of cable you buy. The cables are certified for current and future specs. Ethernet is one of those future specs that is not available yet on most consumer devices so I wouldn't even think about that. The only reason to wire enet to your BD player would be for the smart apps if you don't want to use WiFi. Probably the same for the AVR. Just run everything via HDMI thru your AVR and then HDMI out to your tv. Keep your tv speakers off if you plan on using the AVR for all of your audio. Otherwise you'll get echoing and lip sync issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.