Mode not supported error - Trying to Connect 1080p resolution LED TV to a DTH in India that sends 1080i signals - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I brought a Samsung 46" LED 3D HDTV - 1080p resolution from USA to India and am facing issues in connecting the same to any HD DTH providers in India.
We have tried SunDirect HD, DishTV HD and on connecting the HDMI to the setupbox, a "Mode not supported - Resolution is not supported on this TV, change resoultion and try" is displayed.
Has anybody brought a 1080p from outside India and made it work with any HD DTH in India? I'm ready to try any DTH in India that would work on this TV.

I called Samsung and they said the TV as such could support all 720p, 1080i and 1080p signals but somehow the DTH I have tried that produces 1080i is not working on my TV.

Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Most US TV will not sync to signals with a 50Hz frame rate. This frame rate is used in Europe and other parts of the world usually where the power frequency is also 50 Hz. The TV error reporte is a little misleading since the resolution is not the problem but how many frames per second are being sent to the TV. I don't know of an easy solution frame rate converters might be available but I have heard that picture quality suffers.
This question has come up several times in the past when people are moving from the US to another country and the best solution seems to be to get a TV in the new locality.
John
post #3 of 4 Old 08-23-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Buying an HDTV that is compatible with local 50 Hz scan rate sources is probably best course of action. You might also want to investigate user reports for PAL to NTSC (type) Interface Converters, which probably only apply to Lo-Rez formats, since Hi-Rez HDMI comes in both MPEG2 and MPEG4 formats:
http://www.world-import.com/samar.htm

India adopted DVB-T, but note that there are many "flavors" using different Video (MPEG2 and/or MPEG4) and Audio formats and either 8 MHz (Europe), 7 MHz (Italy) or 6 MHz (a few) channel spacings. So make sure you buy an HDTV that is compatible with India's format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T

FYI: "Multi-System HDTVs" are available that will support both 50-Hz (PAL type) and 60-Hz (NTSC type) interfaces (i.e. Composite (Yellow), S-Video, Component Video (RGB) and HDMI), see my posts in fol. thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/934779/atsc-hdtv-set-use-outside-atsc-areas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #4 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by holl_ands View Post

India adopted DVB-T, but note that there are many "flavors" using different Video (MPEG2 and/or MPEG4) and Audio formats and either 8 MHz (Europe), 7 MHz (Italy) or 6 MHz (a few) channel spacings. So make sure you buy an HDTV that is compatible with India's format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T
Yes - though most DVB-T implementations are reasonably multi-standard. (I have no problems using UK DVB-T gear in Germany, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands etc.)
Quote:
FYI: "Multi-System HDTVs" are available that will support both 50-Hz (PAL type) and 60-Hz (NTSC type) interfaces (i.e. Composite (Yellow), S-Video, Component Video (RGB) and HDMI), see my posts in fol. thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/934779/atsc-hdtv-set-use-outside-atsc-areas

And pretty much every TV sold in Europe (and I wouldn't be surprised in most 50Hz regions) will cope with both 60Hz and 50Hz video - it's a requirement for the European 'HD Ready' licensing that pretty much every TV sold is compliant with. (i.e. a European TV will lock to both European - and Indian - 50Hz external video signals, as well as 60Hz signals from US gear)
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page