Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all

Actually i have a Samsung led tv which runs with only NTSC Signals
and i have settop box it has only RCA cable ouput
So i bought orei xd-990 it has rca and hdmi input and output is hdmi
But when i connect ,Some times i am getting error like NO SIGNAL(Check the connections......)
and some times it shows video for 2 sec and again goes OFF and this continues

i don't understand where the problem is...

Please anyone help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Not familiar with your converter box, but the usual troubleshooting procedure applies to try to isolate and identify the problem. Do you have anything else that can output NTSC, like a DVD standalone player? Just to verify that the problem is not in the TV. Alternatively, can you hook it up to a computer?

Anyway, you have two suggestive symptoms there: 2 secs of video and/or no signal message. The first suggests the Orei is putting out a signal, the second suggests that signal is PAL, since the TV gives up trying to display it.

Is there any setting or switch on your Orei that you have overlooked? Have you double-checked all your cables and connections? It may be that your converter is faulty.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying....

Actually My Converter has 3 buttons on it( cvbs/hd , 720/1080,pal/ntsc)
When i connect all these video coming for a moment and after sometime tv is restarting
This LED TV we bought from USA and presently we are in INDIA.....
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Sounds like the Orei has a slightly confusing UI:

This is a quote from the Amazon.com review page for the device : http://www.amazon.com/XD-990-Composite-Multi-System-Video-Converter/dp/B0062BS09O
Quote:
The device does what it should and with good quality, and that's the important thing.
I am using it in Israel to bridge between a DVBT STB and a US version of Panasonic Viera HDTV. Now everything is great and I am happy with this buy. But (the big tip is bellow)....

I managed to set it up initially quit quickly, without recognizing that I had more luck than brains smile.gif. An electrical power interruption changed that, as settings got reset and I had to set it up again.
I couldn't, and contacted Orei tech support. They were very helpful explaining how to use their poor interface (a big word for 3 buttons) to set up the device. I should mention that none of this explanation is anywhere to be found in the device literature (another big word). They promised the next batch will be more user friendly...

The issue:
There are 3 buttons on the device: one for type of connectivity you use (composite\HDMI), second for output-resolution (720p/1080p), third for format (PAL/NTSC).
There is a special way of using those buttons and if you don't know it you can't use the device:
Single press on any button is good for displaying the current relevant setting on the screen (that is if you see anything on the screen, otherwise you are working blind until you get the setting right and be able to see anything).
To actually change the mode (on each button) you need press the button twice and quickly (slowly will just show the information twice). That's the big secret. It's a shame I almost throw the device away because of a thing like that.
Sounds like you want CVBS as your input format as you are using a set top box with a Composite RCA output (which is presumably PAL 50Hz) You then want to select either 720p or 1080p as your output format (probably doesn't matter if your display can cope with either). You then want to select NTSC as your output format.

In each case it sounds like you have to press the button TWICE quickly to change mode, the first press just displays the current setting ?

Also the Amazon reviews have quite a few people who received faulty units - so that might also be a possibility?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Connection is fine because i can see video..
but the problem is after some time my tv suddenly turns off and starts again
i want to know is there any Voltage or Watts issues...because it is a US product
it runs with 110v/48w
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hey finally problem was solved..
Just changed settings in TV
Eco Solution--->Energy Saving--->Low

Working fine from the past 2hrs...