Guide Plus+, TV Guide On Screen (TVGOS), Rovi Guide To Be No More! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I can't remember, from what screen do you enter the numbers?

Go to "Change System Settings" under "Setup" (on the guide), then punch the numbers into the remote. 

I just tried it on my display's v8, and it did clear the grid entirely.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

On the Sony DVR's (V-8) you can use the "653274147" code to reset just the TVGOS data. This code works on my Mits TV with V-9 TVGOS also. I'm not sure about the Sony TV's. Joe Kustra may know...
Thanks WS65711, that did it! I know whatever I did worked because it had been almost a week of nothing and the next morning(today) after entering those numbers I have a full grid smile.gif
Of course don't ask me what screen entering the numbers did the trick, I tried several and none gave me any indication it took, well other than the one screen that totally locked up my TV requiring a hard reset.
Either way I've finally got a grid on my most recent TV.........at least for a few more weeks anyway after which TVGOS will be no more frown.gif
Thanks again and oh Rammi, I didn't try you tip since I've got a guide now and I don't want to take a chance of losing it.
post #63 of 67 Old 02-12-2013, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

I don't have TVGOS in my area anymore, so I've disabled it on my Mits. But IIRC on the Mits you enter the Guide screen, press the "Menu" button, then use the "down" button to go to the top choice (I can't remember what that is), then enter the code while that choice is highlighted (don't actually select that choice). I'm hoping Joe Kustra chimes in . . .
The XBR series with TV Guide may have such an ability. I believe the Mits using V9 have it (Jed1 has them). My Sony TV uses V10, and has the option to reset the guide and not much else. My previous TV, 32XBR9, was really a 32V5100 and had no guide ability. Anyone with a Sony TV and not using the Guide should look into the older remote without the double ring and guide button. Much easier to use.
post #64 of 67 Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Thanks WS65711, that did it! I know whatever I did worked because it had been almost a week of nothing and the next morning(today) after entering those numbers I have a full grid smile.gif
Of course don't ask me what screen entering the numbers did the trick, I tried several and none gave me any indication it took, well other than the one screen that totally locked up my TV requiring a hard reset.
Either way I've finally got a grid on my most recent TV.........at least for a few more weeks anyway after which TVGOS will be no more frown.gif
Thanks again and oh Rammi, I didn't try you tip since I've got a guide now and I don't want to take a chance of losing it.
The 653.. reset is the preferred Rovi reset method. I have used it and there is a big time lag until you see the unit start to shut down. It may not shut down and you will need to place it in standby. Sometimes it needs to be entered twice. But you don't lose the reset log.
post #65 of 67 Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

Anyone with a Sony TV and not using the Guide should look into the older remote without the double ring and guide button. Much easier to use.
Both my W4100s have the guide and both have the remote without the double ring, which I much prefer. My uncle has the XBR(same '08 model year as my W4100s) and he also has TVGOS but he has the larger remote with double ring. I much prefer my remote which the V4100 also used. I'm not sure what remote the Z4100 used since from what I was told it had the engine of the XBR but other parts were like the lesser 4100 series. Of course the S4100(walmart and big box retailers model) had no TVGOS and the smaller remote but lacked the GUIDE button.
I like my Sony TVs but detest the way they change not only the model number but series numbers as well. The only models I know for sure are the 4100 and next years 5100 series, proceeded by a letter with the higher letter the better only to be upstaged by the XBR. Now days Sony uses a completely different numbering system, with the exception of XBR which again is their top model.
post #66 of 67 Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is this only for OTA only ? i have comcast and been using my pioneer tv guide since day 1 3 weeks ago i lost all the listings and comcast telling me its a TV issue and that everything works on their end . I end up getting cable box with a guide thats from like 10 years ago . can anyone confirm if anyone still getting TVGOS on cable channels ?
post #67 of 67 Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ this thread is for any form of TVGOS, OTA, cable or I believe even 1 of the satellite providers, Dish provides TVGOS support. Unfortunately AFAIK all TVGOS with the exception of internet based TVGOS will disappear shortly if it isn't already gone.
OTA TVGOS in analog disappeared after the analog shutoff but still survived on some cable systems but like digital TVGOS it will all be going away if it hasn't already frown.gif
To verify if TVGOS is still available on your local cable system you could post your question in the Local HDTV info and reception forum for the market that covers your city, some markets like mine have separate threads for OTA, Comcast and other major cable companies serving your area, if so make sure to post in the correct thread. My guess is your cable system has stopped sending out TVGOS and it will never return but this is only a guess.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page