Panasonic ST50 PC Connection Issue (No signal) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2012, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got this TV yesterday and I'm having issues connecting my PC to the TV through HDMI to my MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti and custom computer. I did it successfully with an older Sharp LCD just this weekend (and had it working in Mirror/Duplicate mode for a year or more with audio as well). However, I'm using an HDMI cable to a HDMI to mini-HDMI adapter which may or may not have a loose connection made worse by moving these TV's around. I ordered a new cable that's HDMI to mini-HDMI without requiring an adapter, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong to start with. After trying this cable (I tried a different HDMI cable previously) I'll have to return/exchange the TV to Amazon and assume it's a bad board or something.

I've tried HDMI 1, 2, and 3 without success. I've reset settings. I've shut both PC and TV off, plugged in the cable, turned TV on and to the input, turned PC on, with no luck. The TV has been updated through the internet. My computer recognizes I have a Panasonic TV and says so in both Nvidia's Control Panel (listed as PanasonicTV0) and under Display settings on Windows 7. It allows me to choose between my Samsung monitor and the Panny. If I do duplicate, it shows on my PC but not on my TV. I've tried lower resolutions as well and 1080i only produces 30hz and doesn't work either. Extending only extends onto my monitor. When it extends it sets the TV as the primary display. Is there an issue here? Should it not be the primary display? Is there way to change that? Is it a settings or driver issue?

Basically, is it just a bad adapter or does this TV not support this or is the TV defective? I figured I'd ask the pros. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
There is a line on the HDMI connector that can be used for supplying 5 volts to the display. I have seen several computer HDMI cards that do not provide the 5 volts. My Panasonic TV requires that the 5 volts to be present to display the picture and so will not work with them.
John