No Signal from Comcast DVR and Epson Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently purchased an Epson Projector (8700ub Refb) and having signal issues when watching HDTV.

Main problem I am having is a No Signal error when using my cable DVR (Comcast Anyroom DVR). Problem is not consistent. I am using a Sony STR 1000 receiver as my switcher with HDMI throughout. Blu-Ray does not have this problem.

When the projector is off, audio comes through sound system but when projector is powered up the cable box displays the word "Conn" and signal indicator switches around to 1080p and receiver switches to a new audio setup; audio shuts off and see No Signal on screen. Imagine it is a cable box and receiver communication issue but have no idea and frustrated that it is intermittent. Tried powering up in different sequences but has no effect. Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 295
What happens when you bypass the receiver and connect an HDMI cable from the DVR directly to the projector?

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually tried that last night and still received no signal message... I was on tech support from several different manufacturers and the Epson tech is saying it is happening bc i am using a 50' hdmi cable and that i would need an HDMI booster. His logic is that Blu Ray which has more signal stregnth which is reason it is working and cable box has less. However, the hdmi cable i have does have a built in booster so not sure if i agree.

Thoughts?

Thanks for reply btw.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Have you tried moving the cable box so you could hook up a short HDMI cable directly between it and the projector to see if they work together then? Could be as simple as the HDMI output on the cable box being shot.