Connecting Sony Strdn1030 amp to HT-CT260 Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - I have recently bought a Sony Strdn1030 amp and HT-CT260 Soundbar and trying to work out the best way to setup. I have a separate room with a full surround Yamaha setup but this is for the main family room so I have been forced to compromise with a soundbar! Main driver for purchasing the amp was for HDMI switching (my TV, a Sony Bravia about 7 years old, only has one HDMI in and no optical out) and for Airplay, network music. There does not appear to be an optical out option on the amp so does anyone have any suggestions for the best way of setting this up? At the moment I have the amp feeding the TV via HDMI and the TV outputting to the analog input on the Soundbar which is not ideal.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Not sure why you chose a full-fledged receiver (meant to output audio to discrete speakers) plus a soundbar (meant to be used without a receiver) with limited audio inputs. There are quite a few soundbars with multiple HDMI inputs, wireless subwoofers, and even bluetooth that might serve your needs better. If your TV doesn't have digital audio out, the connection you are using is the best you'll get with that setup. There is a Soundbar sub-forum here on AVS that can help you choose a solution that might be a better fit for your needs.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hi Possumgirl and thanks for the advice, Amp is still in return period but soundbar is not (and I'm really happy with it) so I'll return the amp and swap for a simple HDMI switch. Thanks again, you've saved me a lot of money, next time I'll do more research!
Reply HDTV Technical

Tags
Sony Strdn1030 Receiver
Gear in this thread - Strdn1030 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page