I'm currently a verizon phone & dsl subscriber and their recent incentives to switch to fios ($79.99/mo. triple play with $300 visa card for a 2 year contract), seems very compelling. The customer service reps. I've talked to however can't (or won't) answer some questions I have about their FIOS service and fees.
My questions are:
1. How much are the additional fees & taxes per month for their base tier triple play service? (I'm in New Jersey so I assume $2.42 RSN + 7% sales tax at least).
2. Do I need to rent their DVR equipment or can I supply my own QIP-7232-2 without incurring any additional charges above the base service? (just a 1 room installation req'd., ie. no MRDVR add-on)
3. If I supply my own dvr will I be able to receive all the base tier HD programs in HD?
4. Does the wireless router have a monthly equipment fee and, if so, can I supply my own?
5. Is there an additional monthly service charge for their IP services like VOD, program guide, etc. and, if so, can I decline these services?
TIA for any answers.